Canadian VS American DAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdndds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I wrote the US DAT in August and got the following scores:

Bio: 20
G-Chem: 20
O-Chem: 26
RC: 24
TS: 21
AA: 22
PAT: 19

I just got my results back from the Canadian DAT and here are my scores:

Bio: 19
G-Chem: 24
RC: 25
AA: 23
Carving: 12 (didn't practice carving as the Canadian school I'm applying to doesn't look at it)

So here's my question. I was accepted to a school on Dec. 3 that wasn't my top choice (using the US scores), waitlisted at another and still waiting to hear back from a couple others. Do you think it's worth sending my Canadian DAT scores to the schools I haven't heard back from yet? It looks like a slight improvement but the 19 in Bio and 12 in Carving bothers me, even though I didn't need carving for the Canadian schools I'm applying to.

Thoughts?? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, so I wrote the US DAT in August and got the following scores:

Bio: 20
G-Chem: 20
O-Chem: 26
RC: 24
TS: 21
AA: 22

I just got my results back from the Canadian DAT and here are my scores:

Bio: 19
G-Chem: 24
RC: 25
AA: 23
Carving: 12 (didn't practice carving as the Canadian school I'm applying to doesn't look at it)

So here's my question. I was accepted to a school on Dec. 3 that wasn't my top choice (using the US scores), waitlisted at another and still waiting to hear back from a couple others. Do you think it's worth sending my Canadian DAT scores to the schools I haven't heard back from yet? It looks like a slight improvement but the 19 in Bio and 12 in Carving bothers me, even though I didn't need carving for the Canadian schools I'm applying to.

Thoughts?? Thanks!!

I wouldnt use the canadian dat's to supplement your app, your american scores look good. Hows your gpa? If you only got into 1 school, despite it not be your #1, you should place a deposit to hold your seat in case you dont get accepted elsewhere. Good luck

Hey, thanks for the input. My s/oGPA are 3.9, and yeah I'm definitely going to put a deposit down at the school haha

Members don't see this ad :)
solid gpa, you should be fine. Which school did u get into if you dont mind me asking?

I don't necessarily see any harm in you sending your Canadian scores to them.