Cancel the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

an aspiring doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I cancel my MCAT for next month how many more attempts will I have left to take the MCAT for this year? The gold deadline has passed for me however the silver and bronze deadlines are in effect.

Members don't see this ad.

I know the maximum amount of times you can take the MCAT in a year is 3, so I'm gonna guess if you already registered for 2, this one will be your last shot until next year.

I'm wondering this too. I cancelled my exam within the before the cancellation deadline. This means that it will not count as a void, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm actually not sure, but for me, due to an unfortunate circumstance, I was unable to take the test and the test center had to notify AAMC, and that counted as one of my tries, so I would call AAMC to find out. But I think you should be okay!

I'm going to make the assumption that the purpose of having a deadline to cancel would be for this reason... otherwise I don't see any incentive of cancelling prior to this deadline (which is after the refund deadline)

A little off topic but I'm taking the mcat in 3 days and was wondering if anyone had any advice.
I'm just really uneasy about voiding or not because I never know how I do. Like I averaged 30's on BR, TPR, and AAMC CBTs...but aren't BR and TPR ones supposed to be harder?!

Also, does anyone know what the greatest discrepancy is between what people averaged on their AAMC's, and what they actually got? I had a friend who claimed the highest he got on practice tests was a 36, and ended up getting a 40.