Cannot wait for scores to come out, feeling anxious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frodo25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my exam August 22nd and I cannot get my mind off of receiving the scores. Whenever I think about it, I think about all the questions I was unsure of and most likely got wrong. I ran out of time on CARS and had to guess for the last two passages and feel like my CARS score will be terrible. I wish they would just tell us % correct right after we take it, so we can AT LEAST have a feeling of whether a retake may be necessary.
But anyway any tips on how to forget about this dreadful exam?

Members don't see this ad.

People do various things to keep their mind off of the exam results. Some just started school and are so busy with extra-curricular and grades, and classes that they don't really think too much about it. If that doesn't work, think about what the worst case scenario is. You didn't do as well in CARS as you hoped, but your other sections went well. Are the schools you are applying to focus heavily on CARS? If not - then you're fine! If they do, then tough luck, I was in a similar situation last year and did not gain admission anywhere even with an MCAT of 35. All you can do is remember you're going to re-take, do better this time around and work hard at it, and you'll eventually at some point get in. This one test means little in the grand scheme of things. I know these words may not be that most comforting at the moment as I too am panicking about my results and my CARS score...but just keep your chin up and try try again if you have to.

Don't worry too much about the results, because at the end of the day if you have to do it again you'll have gone through it once and will hopefully score better :)