Can't do full application on ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WashMe

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried the search function (rare, I know), but I still need help. I'm working on my ERAS right now but it seems you can't upload some of the things that programs require, most notably ITE scores. Also, sometimes places want weird things like scanned copies of your medical school diploma.

From the CCF website, chosen at random, it says (bold is mine for emphasis):

Beginning with the 2015 recruitment, we will be participating in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for all positions. Paper applications will no longer be accepted directly to the program. Our application requirements are the same as the standard ERAS application:

• Complete Application
  • CV
  • Personal Statement
  • USMLE and In-training scores
  • Copies of medical diploma and ECFMG Certificate
  • Three letters of recommendation (one must be from the Program Director)

Most other fellowship sites say something similar. The problem is, the "standard ERAS application" does not include all of these things.

For people who applied last year or are applying this year, how did you include things that you cannot enter into ERAS (ITE scores, diploma copies, the redundant "common application form" which some places still include on their website, etc.)? Did you have to send PDF's or hard-copies to every place individually?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I sent ITE scores and diplomas by email. I never sent an additional common app form. Some programs had special eval forms that they wanted filled out by my anesthesia PD and even my TY PD, which they'd fax directly. You'll find most websites haven't been updated in years and, at least last year, many programs weren't even aware of what was included in the ERAS app. When in doubt, just call the program coordinator.