Can't get into dental school..???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charli1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm hoping that someone can give me some advice on what to do next.

Here are my stats:
B.S in Bio (GPA: 3.8)
DAT: 19
Taught h.s science for a couple of years
Has 100+ hours of shadowing
Has undergraduate summer research experience

I applied to two schools. I'm wait-listed at one and haven't heard from another. At this late in the game, it will be rejection from both. What should I do next to get into dental school this coming year beside retaking my DAT?

Is it a good idea to take an anatomy class? business class? work in a dental office?

Thank-you for all of your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Apply as soon as you can, retake the DAT and make sure that you get 20+, and apply more broadly if you can. Working at dental office would be a bonus, but what I already suggested should make the most difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You would've got in somewhere if you applied to more than two schools

I assume you have your own reasons why you only applied to two schools... I would call and talk to somebody from these two schools directly and ideally set up a meeting with them. You may get some ideas from them about how to improve your application this upcoming cycle. It seems like you have been away from school for a while, so you could take some upper level biology courses to prove that you are not rusty...