PhD/PsyD caqh help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmedclinic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work for a state hospital and am filling out CAQH information to get credentialed only for outside work. This is not for the hospital I currently work at. I do not have a practice location as I plan to embed myself as a psychologist into other healthcare offices (health psych) but this puts me in a bind for filling out information for CAQH. Its hard to fill in billing/practice location etc type of information, but I'm sure there's some people on here who have done their own gig (llc) like I am now and can give me an idea about how best to fill this info in.

I dont want to be misleading or risk not getting credentialed by insurance panels, but sometimes I dont really have good info to fill in. I have my own LLC and Tax ID, but I dont have a relationship with a medical office yet. Honestly, my plan was to have all of this formalized before approaching practices and selling my services to them. Will I be able to get credentialed if I list my home address

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe a PO Box for the mailing address? I"m not sure if they'll allow this, but it is worth a shot. I'd be hesitant to put a home address on there because various orgs can have access to that info (depending on what you specify).

I work for a state hospital and am filling out CAQH information to get credentialed only for outside work. This is not for the hospital I currently work at. I do not have a practice location as I plan to embed myself as a psychologist into other healthcare offices (health psych) but this puts me in a bind for filling out information for CAQH. Its hard to fill in billing/practice location etc type of information, but I'm sure there's some people on here who have done their own gig (llc) like I am now and can give me an idea about how best to fill this info in.

I dont want to be misleading or risk not getting credentialed by insurance panels, but sometimes I dont really have good info to fill in. I have my own LLC and Tax ID, but I dont have a relationship with a medical office yet. Honestly, my plan was to have all of this formalized before approaching practices and selling my services to them. Will I be able to get credentialed if I list my home address

List your home address and it can become public knowledge. Find a practice that you may would like to practice at one day that will for a small fee allow you to use them as a mail stop.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a PO Box. They'll allow it.

I went into private practice because I got screwed by a boss. Got a PO Box at a time when the $60 was a lot of money to me, filled out the caqh. Got credentialed. Contacted some referral sources. Then dropped the hammer.

Get a PO Box. They'll allow it.

I went into private practice because I got screwed by a boss. Got a PO Box at a time when the $60 was a lot of money to me, filled out the caqh. Got credentialed. Contacted some referral sources. Then dropped the hammer.

Havent gotten screwed by my boss, but I interviewed with several of the private practices in town, and at the end of each of them I felt like honestly long term I'd be better doing it on my own. So I am. Sure, my home address is listed for now, but I might end up doing the PO Box. Done with caqh and trying to get paneled now- which honestly seems a little confusing to me. I've contacted aetna and Anthem, filled out the information they requested on their website and havent heard anything (only been a week).