Cardiac and ICU in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

furosesonerolaquinox

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a MS4 who has now interviewed across NYC for residency. I'm thinking of a cardiac fellowship down the road. Critical care is also in contention... we'll see which residency steers me toward. The number of fellowship spots that fill internally really stood out across the city, so if I end up in NYC it'd be nice to be at a program I'd be happy to stay at for fellowship.

Columbia seemed to be outstanding in both cardiac anesthesia and critical care, but that's based almost entirely on what Columbia had to say.

At Sinai, most or all of their recent grads going into cardiac stayed at Sinai. I assume their grads could go elsewhere if they wanted.

It was hard to get a sense of what is happening in these subspecialties at Cornell ... perhaps it was lost within all the talk of their regional strength.

I had a hard time really understanding what NYU's subspecialty strengths were from the interview day, much less how they are in these fields.

I don't really know who I'd ask in real life that both has a good sense of how these specialties are doing at various places in Manhattan and doesn't have a bias or agenda.

Thoughts? Who stands out, good or bad?

Members don't see this ad.