Cardiologists Vs Hospitalists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my senior got it in Springfield, il
go to practice match there is posting of 550k in Elmira, NY ( u can Google it too)
also, 600 k ads are also out there

Members don't see this ad.

my senior got it in Springfield, il
go to practice match there is posting of 550k in Elmira, NY ( u can Google it too)
also, 600 k ads are also out there

Yup, usual deal--awful location for a high income. I've heard of hospitalist gigs in Louisiana 7on/7off for 350K, but...you'd be in small-town Louisiana. Trade-offs...

I'm willing to bet that the GI jobs in bigger/desirable cities start in the 200's and go to around 300's. Just a guess, though. The GI average (per medscape) is something like, 350, right? So that would make sense.

I am commuting, so gas prices should be factored in....

Even for an hour away, gas money shouldn't be all much. 100 miles there and back daily. 1500 miles a month... if your car gets reasonable gas mileage, that should be like 250-300 bucks a month. That's nothing if you're pulling close to 400k your first year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, usual deal--awful location for a high income. I've heard of hospitalist gigs in Louisiana 7on/7off for 350K, but...you'd be in small-town Louisiana. Trade-offs...

I'm willing to bet that the GI jobs in bigger/desirable cities start in the 200's and go to around 300's. Just a guess, though. The GI average (per medscape) is something like, 350, right? So that would make sense.

Where I am the GI docs are starting in 200's.

NYC.....cardio starts at 250K and GI is between 180 and 200.....personally once you hit 300 it's just gravy after that.

GI starting at 180k... that's unheard of in the Midwest. Are we talking private or academic? 250k for academic cards is pretty damn good.

GI starting at 180k... that's unheard of in the Midwest. Are we talking private or academic? 250k for academic cards is pretty damn good.

Based on what the graduating fellows told me that would be a private starting salary for GI and thats a private cards practice. Midwest is much higher. Our interventional grad from 2 years ago was started a 500 in the Midwest.

Based on what the graduating fellows told me that would be a private starting salary for GI and thats a private cards practice. Midwest is much higher. Our interventional grad from 2 years ago was started a 500 in the Midwest.

I can believe it. It seems that for all healthcare fields the midwest is the place to be.

not true,

Chicago-Milwaukee areas are low paying
southern Illinois outshined because of big HCOs coming up near springfield and Belleville-st louis area
These are one time offers, South and southeast is the highest paying area

not true,

Chicago-Milwaukee areas are low paying
southern Illinois outshined because of big HCOs coming up near springfield and Belleville-st louis area
These are one time offers, South and southeast is the highest paying area

Exactly when I'm going there when I finish my fellowship.

ba-dum-tss-159289.PNG

quoted for truth

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76940202/

He chose a stent over anything,but of all newspapers (90% of 67 google news sources) are calling it ' Heart Surgery', as if CT surgeons did it and not cardiologists.

the article says a bout 10 times "cardiologists" and "international cardiologists" performed the procedure.

to the lay public the difference between those to and CT surgery is.......not well understood to say the least

Anyone else care to chime in this debate?

after becoming bc in im can a card fellow do hospitalist work part time and have enough time left for his fellow responsibilities?

after becoming bc in im can a card fellow do hospitalist work part time and have enough time left for his fellow responsibilities?

yes. there are light rotations, depending on your fellowship (echo, nuclear, preventive), with less call responsibilities. one can easily moonlight during these.

p diddy

GI salaries will go down. A GI fellow told me average salaries are 250s. Who wants to do it and see chronic pain/constipation and diarrhea.

250? what world are you people living in?? Do you have any idea how many RVU's EGD/colon is? And how many you can do in a day? Let alone how fast you can crank out level 4 office visits. You get one for the consult, one for the follow-up to give path results, and the visits are FAST. And on top of that most of the visits are new patient which means more RVU's. Especially since if you say come back in 3 years for re-scope that is a new patient visit when they come back. Not to mention you can have your own pod lab and bill for the specimens too skimming from the poor path guys, and that's a good 100k extra income. Plus your ASC income for the facility fee.

The private practice guys I know in TX are making >750k... I swear some physicians are idiots when it comes to business and get robbed.

Reactions: 1 user
250? what world are you people living in?? Do you have any idea how many RVU's EGD/colon is? And how many you can do in a day? Let alone how fast you can crank out level 4 office visits. You get one for the consult, one for the follow-up to give path results, and the visits are FAST. And on top of that most of the visits are new patient which means more RVU's. Especially since if you say come back in 3 years for re-scope that is a new patient visit when they come back. Not to mention you can have your own pod lab and bill for the specimens too skimming from the poor path guys, and that's a good 100k extra income. Plus your ASC income for the facility fee.

The private practice guys I know in TX are making >750k... I swear some physicians are idiots when it comes to business and get robbed.
He's probably talking about tier one cities like LA, NY, Chicago, SF, where the starting salaries across the field are atrociously low. It's not a great indicator for the overall compensation for a specialty. GI is still killing it in the 2-3rd tier cities and BFE. However, the chance that scopes keep up their RVU numbers is low to zero. In fact, the whole RVU system is likely out the window in the next 3-5 years as we move to bundled payments.