Career Advice Please Help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbjmo24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently having trouble making a decision in which healthcare career I would like to have. I know for a fact that I am interested in working with patients in cardiology/pulmonology, but I am also interested in making plans and providing therapy and treatment for patients with diabetes cancer chronic and terminal illness etc. I have already completed an undergrad degree. I am also looking at something that I can have a comfortable salary to pay off school debt loans etc. I am interested in travel as well as community and global health. I would like to make 80-150k have interests in my own practice also. I have considered careers as OT, PT, Doctor, PA etc. I have shadowed physicians and have slightly ruled that out due to time and not really patient intensive. What should I do. I would like to be apart if the treatment process. Should I be looking at PT, OT or something totally different? Please help and any advice is welcomed whether it be from a student or person already in the field. thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently having trouble making a decision in which healthcare career I would like to have. I know for a fact that I am interested in working with patients in cardiology/pulmonology, but I am also interested in making plans and providing therapy and treatment for patients with diabetes cancer chronic and terminal illness etc. I have already completed an undergrad degree. I am also looking at something that I can have a comfortable salary to pay off school debt loans etc. I am interested in travel as well as community and global health. I would like to make 80-150k have interests in my own practice also. I have considered careers as OT, PT, Doctor, PA etc. I have shadowed physicians and have slightly ruled that out due to time and not really patient intensive. What should I do. I would like to be apart if the treatment process. Should I be looking at PT, OT or something totally different? Please help and any advice is welcomed whether it be from a student or person already in the field. thank you in advance!
1) this post is all over the place and I don't even know where to start.
2) before you can consider any kind of healthcare career, you need to get your living, financial, and academic situations figured out. If you're homeless, have no money and can't pass gen chem then it doesn't matter what career you want, because you won't be getting any of them. Go figure out the basics, get to a stable productive situation, then start shadowing.
3) Stop making new threads when people have already given you solid advice. Take the advice or leave it, but don't keep asking different versions of the same question.