Career Changer Course Repeat Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

migvsu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Or you could re take at a community college, which wouldn't be a big deal especially if you are going to take some upper level biology courses from the university.

Hi All,
I graduated with a business degree in 2012. I took a couple of science courses during my undergrad because I thought I may want to seriously pursue medicine at some point after graduation. I transferred colleges after my freshman year. Unfortunately, I took general biology and received a C+ as a freshman. The school I transferred to and graduated from gave me credit for this course but will not allow me to retake it. I am leaning more toward DO schools due to the grade replacement. Any ideas how to retake this course? I want to relearn this content for the MCAT.

I could retake the course at the university I attended as a freshman since they allow retakes regardless of grade. Would that be my best best?

Retake it wherever is convenient. Med schools don't care about your school's policy. A retake doesn't have to be at the same school.