This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tmarkdc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently perusing my undergraduate degree in exercise science. I have a 3.4, I hope to end this semester with a 3.7 GPA. I am debating between a D.O, PA or DPT. The issue is, the sciences like Chem and physics are my weakest subjects. I was never exposed to them in high school. But I managed to obtain B's in each of them. I am otherwise a pretty strong student, and I work full time. I think I could make a pretty compelling case if I were able to get an interview with a school. But if I need to, then I would retake those sciences ( I have yet to take microbio and O Chem ). Nor have I ever taken calc or trig, which made those classes that much harder. I am currently taking math classes to strengthen that area. I really enjoy the clinical setting, because I am more of a qualitative person. What would be the best route for me?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There are pros and cons of each field for sure. I think your best bet is to find some PA/DO/DPT's to shadow (if you haven't already). The best way to know which field you will enjoy the most is to spend some time with people who do the job. Hopefully they will be open to answering questions about lifestyle, job satisfaction, etc as well.

Luckily, I think the prereqs are pretty similar across the programs so you should be able to schedule your classes without worrying about which of the three career paths you are going to take.

Reactions: 1 user