Caribbean Degree accepted in Australia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Augustus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if a medical degree from a Caribbean medical school is recognized by the medical boards in Australia.

I'm a predicament. Being an American. If I go to an international medical school they almost all charge at least US$40,000/year for tuition. The only way I could possibly pay off loans like, that in a reasonable amount of time, would be to practice in the United States for a few years.

But, I want to live and practice in Australia as well. Would a Caribbean degree with a United States residency be recognized in Australia?

Thanks for your help everyone and any suggestions you may have.

Members don't see this ad.

If you complete residency in the US, it won't matter where you went to med school.

Honestly, i recommend that you just go to medical school in Australia if you want to live in Australia. Try and get into a program (not Oschner) preferably in states that like to take interns. That way you are likely to be able to practice in Australia. If things change and they kick you out, you can still apply to the US. The price is not much higher than the Caribbean and its much better. Very few countries in the world respect Caribbean medical schools.