This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Saw your post in the BU MAMS thread and I found my way to this post of yours... 2nd year MAMS student here. You do not take classes alongside medical students. With some "extra programs" you might (like the counseling concentration or such) but they keep the medical students separate. There is a lot of misinformation that is being advertised about the BU MAMS program, some of it from BU staff/program admins.

Hi, I had a question about BU MAMS. You said there are some misinformation about the program. Would you be able to elaborate on it a little bit? Also, how was your experience in BU MAMS?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my acceptance to the program. I applied April 27th, and got it May 3rd.

In our e-mail, it asks us to accept as soon as possible, but I was wondering if there was a deadline to when we should accept the offer.

I was accepted within 4 days of being completed! Congrats! I asked them and they told me to let them know by mid-June.

Has anyone looked into housing options yet? I have looked into downtown and gateway district, as I have not found many advertised apartments in nearby areas such as little Italy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone looked into housing options yet? I have looked into downtown and gateway district, as I have not found many advertised apartments in nearby areas such as little Italy.

I'm not going to Case next year, but I went there for undergrad so maybe I have some insight on the matter. You want to stay as close to campus as possible, so try to look for housing options in Uptown or in Little Italy or Coventry. Do NOT find an apartment in Downtown. It's mad expensive and you will hate yourself for the commute everyday (morning traffic is pretty heavy in that area). There are also some really nice houses on the south side of campus, on a street called Overlook. I had several of my friends rent out houses and split the rent (comes out to be pretty cheap). Also, there are some apartments right next to campus that is managed by Park Lane Villa, so maybe check that out.

I'm not going to Case next year, but I went there for undergrad so maybe I have some insight on the matter. You want to stay as close to campus as possible, so try to look for housing options in Uptown or in Little Italy or Coventry. Do NOT find an apartment in Downtown. It's mad expensive and you will hate yourself for the commute everyday (morning traffic is pretty heavy in that area). There are also some really nice houses on the south side of campus, on a street called Overlook. I had several of my friends rent out houses and split the rent (comes out to be pretty cheap). Also, there are some apartments right next to campus that is managed by Park Lane Villa, so maybe check that out.

That's so helpful, thank you so much! I'm coming from out of state so any advice living wise is greatly appreciated!

Hey guys! I totally forgot to mention this before, but if you're looking for housing, definitely check out the internal housing forum within Case.

http://forum.case.edu/list/14

Good luck!! Housing is always a pain but hopefully this will make finding a roommate a little easier :)

Hey guys! I received my acceptance email 5/25 and it says official notification of acceptance will be posted online via SIS. What does this mean? I have not received any email yet..

Hey guys! I received my acceptance email 5/25 and it says official notification of acceptance will be posted online via SIS. What does this mean? I have not received any email yet..

Once you've confirmed that you're going to attend Case, they will set you up with a case ID, which is a 3 letter followed by 1-3 number code that will be known as your Case ID (ex: abc123). You can then be able to access the SIS portal, at sis.case.edu. That is where all class registration, scheduling, grades, and financial matters are handled.

Has anyone heard how big the class is this year?

Once you've confirmed that you're going to attend Case, they will set you up with a case ID, which is a 3 letter followed by 1-3 number code that will be known as your Case ID (ex: abc123). You can then be able to access the SIS portal, at sis.case.edu. That is where all class registration, scheduling, grades, and financial matters are handled.

got it, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know when the New Student Checklist is open for the semester?

@vvvrojas As far as I know you can go ahead and start registering for class right now. If you got the email from Dr. R, it should've had your advisors names/contact info in it. I'd definitely reach out to them and make sure you're on the right track. :)

For those of you who have accepted this program, what made you choose this verses others?

I'm in! So excited!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

I've been following this thread now for a while, I was wondering: has anyone found an apartment to live in? I'm looking for one and ideally would love to live with MS Med Phys graduate students too.

(first post on sdn, yayy me!)

Hi,

I've been following this thread now for a while, I was wondering: has anyone found an apartment to live in? I'm looking for one and ideally would love to live with MS Med Phys graduate students too.

(first post on sdn, yayy me!)

Have you found the Facebook group for our class? I think it's posted here on this thread not far up.. There are others like you who are reaching out inquiring about finding places together..

See you all soon!

Have you found the Facebook group for our class? I think it's posted here on this thread not far up.. There are others like you who are reaching out inquiring about finding places together..

See you all soon!
Yes, I did--and already posted on the group page. Honestly hoping I get a response from somewhere before I finally decide to go with a 1 bedroom apartment.

Thanks for responding!

Hi everyone!
So I confirmed for this fall..I really like it so far my assigned advisor has been so helpful already. But as far as housing ..anyone have recommendations for places similar to hazel 8/Innova? I really want something similar but a studio and it seems like I'm too late -_-

How long after receiving the initial acceptance email did you guys receive the email from graduate studies allowing you to accept the offer?

Has anyone else in here applied to the Penn program as well? I have the interview this week and should I get in I need to make a decision quickly between Penn and Case and didn't know if anyone was having the same dilemma I'm having.

I just got into the Georgetown SMP and Tufts MBS but might still want to go here - any advice on which might be better?