Categories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonia1177

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Say you volunteered in a hospital but in three different places: ER, ICU, and OR. Would you lump these all together on AMCAS or put them as three separate experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
ER=2 years (8 hr/wk)
ICU= 9 months (8 hr/wk)
OR=4 months (8 hr/wk)

So separate or lumped into one category??

Were they one after another? I did like 4 months for transport then after that a couple of months in the ER. I'm definitely just putting it under 'hospital volunteering'. You can distinguish the different types in the text box..

Were they one after another? I did like 4 months for transport then after that a couple of months in the ER. I'm definitely just putting it under 'hospital volunteering'. You can distinguish the different types in the text box..

Yes, one after another

Depends on your overall experience and duties. Being a bed/linen changer and restocker in the ER is not the same as being a circulating nurse in the OR or a telemetry nurse in the ICU.

If you can write two different, compelling small essays about them, then they're separate experiences.

Otherwise, lump and delineate.