CBO analysis of ACA Economic Impact

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
It's unfrickin-believable how bad this Obamacare is. The fact that the train just keeps gaining steam is horrifying. The amount of damage this crew is doing is just hasn't been seen in my lifetime. Carter wasn't even this bad. The CBO is typically non-partisan, too. For them to put out this report is shocking. Any Obamacare supporter needs to read this and truly ask themselves, "What if this report is true?" And the media just yawns and looks the other way. The amount of corruption out there is amazing.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/05/congressional-budget-office-sends-death-blow-to-obamacare/

Last edited:
It's unfrickin-believable how bad this Obamacare is. The fact that the train just keeps gaining steam is horrifying. The amount of damage this crew is doing is just hasn't been seen in my lifetime. Carter wasn't even this bad. The CBO is typically non-partisan, too. For them to put out this report is shocking. Any Obamacare supporter needs to read this and truly ask themselves, "What if this report is true?" And the media just yawns and looks the other way. The amount of corruption out there is amazing.

What will be interesting to see is which practices will be able to hang in there, or "weather the storm" so to speak, until things settle down, and then, to see what these practices will look like when the smoke clears.

I know some people coming out of fellowship, all giddy about taking a job at the VA and planning to be a drone forever. Maybe we are an entitled, dying breed. It sure looks like the days of anyone becoming "rich" while practicing independent, ethical, quality medicine are rapidly coming to an end.

There are some physicians who will be able to morph their practices to conform to the new system, and may even be able to take advantage of it.

Just wondering how unrecognizable the standard "pain management" private practice will be by then.

I don't think relying on politically biased dribble makes someone look intelligent. Almost invalidates any other comment one might make.

Regardless of what one thinks of the ACA, and I am growing more skeptical day by day, look at the truth. Factcheck.org has a good article on what the CBO really stated.

I'm surprised Obama hasn't learned the secret from the USPS with the "Forever Stamp". If Obama simply distributed a stamp entitled "Forever Healthcare", that would ensure that everyone will always have affordable healthcare. It says so, right there on the stamp.
In my next life, I want to be a liberal. Reality is just too complicated...

Honestly, you sellouts who support obama need to rot....
Ligament have you ever been on sermo. There are so many liberal, sellout physician nutjobs on there it blows my mind. I mean I think they are actually happy their pay is getting cut and autonomy destroyed... it's insane!

I don't think relying on politically biased dribble makes someone look intelligent. Almost invalidates any other comment one might make.

Regardless of what one thinks of the ACA, and I am growing more skeptical day by day, look at the truth. Factcheck.org has a good article on what the CBO really stated.

The ACA was pushed through like a Pig-in-a-Poke. Even competing ideas within the Democratic caucus (like Ron Wyden's proposal) would have laid ground work to accomplish similar goals (insurance reform, premium subsidies, even Medicaid expansion) with less government interference. Now that the full burden and cost of the ACA is coming to light, people are feeling jerked around.

even better that the CBO's comments that 'ACA disincentives work' is Nancy Peloci's claim that people are not "job locked" and can quite their jobs and work as mucicians.....
democrats will say anything to spin the truth

even better that the CBO's comments that 'ACA disincentives work' is Nancy Peloci's claim that people are not "job locked" and can quite their jobs and work as mucicians.....
democrats will say anything to spin the truth

so will republicans.... but it is really getting hard to find ANY redeeming quality to obamacare. even for the liberals among us, like ducttape and myself

Reactions: 1 user
solution? You voted for it and they rammed it down our throats via reconciliation.

solution? You voted for it and they rammed it down our throats via reconciliation.

the solution is single payer. i figure we have 20 years until we get there. in the meantime: work hard, do whats best for your patients, and for god's sakes, dont underbill. billing a level 2 is insane. im sure you can find something to beef up your dictation. they set up these jacked up rules, many of which are ambiguous.

more government control over doctors, patient care, patient-doctor relationship, is the answer....
I doubt people would trust politicians to run our health care.

plus, I don't think there is a true single payer system anywhere. All these 'social countries', offer high end business insurances for the upper middle class and rich. As you know America is full of millionares/billionares. I doubt commercial insurance products would ever totally disappear for the upper class. Aetna is a good example.

Last edited:
more government control over doctors, patient care, patient-doctor relationship, is the answer....
I doubt people would trust politicians to run our health care.

plus, I don't think there is a true single payer system anywhere. All these 'social countries', offer high end business insurances for the upper middle class and rich. As you know America is full of millionares/billionares. I doubt commercial insurance products would ever totally disappear for the upper class. Aetna is a good example.

agreed. its a complete sh$tshow. congress cant agree that the sky is blue.

what i meant by single payer wouldbe "basic" healthcare for everyone. pay extra for higher quality.

isn't that what we have now, Medicaid and subsidized Medicaid for the poor and lower/middle income, as well as elderly under the 65 year old threshold. That is, higher premiums for 'platinum plans' and higher premiums for middle/upper income people on obamacare making over94k. Everybody has basic care apparently. The issues is that this does not fix health care cost, narrows networks, and increases deductibles.

Currently the ACA is 1/4 run by the states and 3/4 by the government. Therefore, we have achieved a social health state. By having the government run 100% of ACA, or by eliminating the 'greedy' insurance companies would not do much more for the middle class....

I thinks this is more of a social issue. Americans are a rich people compared to the rest of the world, in spite of liberal propaganda that the US is failing. Most prosperous people want better health care, not just 'basic health care'. you can get away with social single payer low tier health care in countries that don't have such a large wealthy class....