CBSSA One week left!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ibuprofen400mg

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GL everybody... here it comes once again...

Members don't see this ad.

Can't wait to be done! Trying to figure out what score is the minimum I can get so I don't have to retake. I wish there was more info on programs cut offs.

Any one know what score will not exclude you from any programs?

Ugh..

How are you guys scoring in UWorld? Any input from previous test takers with their UW scores and actual CBSE figures?

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Been using UWorld as studying last 2 months after going through First Aid and Goljan. Ended up with 56% overall. SA1: 570/234 last week, SA2: 530/226 today. Interested to see what happens.

Reactions: 1 user
Been using UWorld as studying last 2 months after going through First Aid and Goljan. Ended up with 56% overall. SA1: 570/234 last week, SA2: 530/226 today. Interested to see what happens.
Good numbers! Best of luck

My percentage in world was fairly close to the number score on the CBSE - was getting upper 70's-low 80's on Uworld and ended up with high 70's on CBSE. The practice NBME overestimated my score by a bit.

Good luck everyone

Well that was fun... lol

Reactions: 2 users
So is the end section timer stop exploit something that people do?

sigh... time to start prepping for february...

sigh... time to start prepping for february...

I'm feeling the same. I thought I would be more prepared for this, but since classes started 4 weeks ago I did not get as much studying done as I had hoped. It was sobering lol. I guess we will find out in a week or so, no?

I'm feeling the same. I thought I would be more prepared for this, but since classes started 4 weeks ago I did not get as much studying done as I had hoped. It was sobering lol. I guess we will find out in a week or so, no?

Yeah it's usually the Thursday after so perhaps the 21st will be the day.

Either way I'm sure its good to be done for a bit.

Very good to be done for a bit :)

Exam was pretty random with some things I've never seen before. Overall, I'm hoping I got some lucky guesses. When do we find out our scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
Exam was pretty random with some things I've never seen before. Overall, I'm hoping I got some lucky guesses. When do we find out our scores?

Read 2 posts above yours

Man I studied 2 months for nothing... I am applying this cycle and I'm so f'ed haha

So today's the big day, hopefully. Best of luck!

** crickets **

Nothing yet?

Nope-- nothing.

2c6c5194-1f07-46e3-864c-86fe28c94483.jpg

So do you think it isn't today? Its getting late..............

So do you think it isn't today? Its getting late..............

They're east coast time, right? Yeah, it's past 5pm I'd assume it's not coming today. Just hope they don't make us wait through the weekend, too!

From the February exam:

Feb. 15, (Saturday) exam date. Scores posted on Feb. 20th (Thursday) at 2:20 PM ET.

Every exam until now had scores posted on Thursday. Guess there must have been a good happy hour today and they just bailed early for it.

Every exam until now had scores posted on Thursday. Guess there must have been a good happy hour today and they just bailed early for it.

I don't think that one sketchy May exam was released on time, either! Hopefully tomorrow.

I'll go first.

Scored high 60's. Disappointed and may retake depending on released average and std dev.

Studied for approximately two months, the last 3 weeks being the most productive.
Finished FA 1.5x with high yield topics being reviewed 2.5x. Did 80% of UWorld with an overall score of 55%. If I were to retake this exam I would spend more time in FA and less on UWorld, I didn't learn much from UW although I agree it's a necessary investment for this exam.

Hope it went well for everyone and best of luck to those in the future.

Preparation noted above. Overall prep time about 4 months. Scored 75.

I studied for about 5 weeks. Went through FA once (barely) and only did about 15% of UWorld and averaged a 51% for those areas. Went through Pathoma once during school, but did not get through it during studying. I will definitely be taking it again. In retrospect, I simply did not have the time I wanted to study. Looking at my score breakdown, I know what I need to focus on, and hopefully I use the next 5.5 months to make the most of it. We will see haha. I hope others had better luck than I! :)

Last edited:
I'll go first.

Scored high 60's. Disappointed and may retake depending on released average and std dev.

Congrats! You really boosted your score by a large amount if memory serves me correctly, no?

84...gave up 3 months to study First Aid, Pathoma, Goljan audio, and UWorldQbank
76 on Uworld Self assessment 1
81 on Uworld Self assessment 2
81 on NBME 16 self assessment
Also had the first 2 years of med school at my dental school.
Great job everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
84...gave up 3 months to study First Aid, Pathoma, Goljan audio, and UWorldQbank
76 on Uworld Self assessment 1
81 on Uworld Self assessment 2
81 on NBME 16 self assessment
Also had the first 2 years of med school at my dental school.
Great job everyone!

Damn I'm sorry to hear that. You going to retake in Feb or just wait to see when the next summer exam is? ;) congrats!

4 months of studying which included 4 weeks of summer break.
made it through first aid twice during the 4 months.. finished first time through with 2 weeks left then did cram session to get through it again during the 2 weeks leading up to the big day. UWorld 1 1/2 times. First time through did the questions section specific for whatever FA section I was on.. I really liked doing it this way and I think it helped make everything sink in and fill in the gaps from FA. second time was on totally random. Also used pathoma during the school year.. 2 or 3 times thru each pathoma section. Also listened to goljan audio throughout the yr about 4 times total. UW self assessment 1- 254 a week before which ended up being pretty accurate. So glad to be done with this.. now for the NBDE1 in a week. Ahhhhh it never ends.

Great Job Everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Very fitting name @HamPorter haha. Congrats again buddy

Long time lurker, first time poster. Scored 59 and was hoping to submit my application for this cycle within the next few days (i'm a D4). Wondering if it's even worth applying and if schools will even look at my app with such a terrible score? Grades, externships and EC's are all good. Was only planning to apply to 4 year programs.

Also a long time lurker here.

Score = 87
Studied for 2 months. Took the NBDE Part I halfway through.
Used First Aid and 100% of UWorld (average in the end was around 68%)
NBME 15 = 82%
NBME 16 = 81%

Timing was my biggest issue. I thought that the self-assessments were worth buying in the end just to get a feel for timing while under pressure. The first 1.5 years at my dental school were also with the meds. Definitely had a few lucky guesses on that exam.

Amazing job everyone!!

Does anyone care to share the statistics for this batch of exam? Thanks!

Hope to be joining you brave souls in a couple years. For those who put in a couple months of studying, did you have time off from school in the summer? or did you just plow through studying and school at the same time?

Finished FA one week before exam and got through 35% of uworld averaging about 59%. I have heard 65 is the magic number (equivalent to 90 on NBDE part 1) but who knows.
I was scoring around 70's on my practice exams, I thought the real exam was a bit harder. No medical school classes with my curriculum.

Finished FA one week before exam and got through 35% of uworld averaging about 59%. I have heard 65 is the magic number (equivalent to 90 on NBDE part 1) but who knows.
I was scoring around 70's on my practice exams, I thought the real exam was a bit harder. No medical school classes with my curriculum.

Passing on usmle is 67. 65 was the magic number for last years applicants.

The CBSE is just an assessment to determine what areas you may need to focus on in order to do well on the USMLE Step I exam. They try to make a correlation between CBSE scores and USMLE but you have to keep in mind there is a +/- 3 Standard deviation. So I find it peculiar that one can say 67 is a passing score vs a 65 without taking into consideration the standard deviation

The CBSE is just an assessment to determine what areas you may need to focus on in order to do well on the USMLE Step I exam. They try to make a correlation between CBSE scores and USMLE but you have to keep in mind there is a +/- 3 Standard deviation. So I find it peculiar that one can say 67 is a passing score vs a 65 without taking into consideration the standard deviation

Except that's how all cut-offs work. If you say a 64 is close enough to a 67, then, well, a 61 is close enough to a 64...

If you **** a girl the night before her 18th birthday, it's a way bigger issue than waiting 24 hours. That's just how it is.

Except that's how all cut-offs work. If you say a 64 is close enough to a 67, then, well, a 61 is close enough to a 64...

If you **** a girl the night before her 18th birthday, it's a way bigger issue than waiting 24 hours. That's just how it is.

Well, this escalated quickly.

Canadian applicant, 8 weeks of study, went through FA 1 and 1/2 time, 90% of Qbanks with 56% and 1 SA with 50%.

FA 2x
Uworld 1.5x ~50% first pass by system (after reading corresponding FA chapter).
Pathoma 1.5x.
NBME 12 - 75% ~202 (2 weeks before exam so a little bummed by actual score)

wondering if its worth a retake? or should i spend this next 6 months enjoying life?

Depends on where you are applying. If you're looking for 6yr top ten...retake. Otherwise, you can roll the dice.

Last edited: