CCOM class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everybody! Looking forward to meeting everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Western burbs about 30 mins away... sorry to sneak into the conversation haha

If you guys ever want to meet up and have a meet/greet with future classmates, let me know! I can organize something!

Holla holla holla!!! Is it only 5 of us?

Yeah we should plan something. I'm in!

I'm down - I live in Chicago but travel for work so I'm only there on weekends. Maybe we should coordinate through FB page, there seem to be more people on there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't activate fb till I quit my job lol they don't know anything yet...

I can't activate fb till I quit my job lol they don't know anything yet...

Is everybody available Saturday, January 12 for a meet/greet in the area? Feel free to share this on the Facebook page. The more the merrier. Is everybody familiar with Trademark Tavern? Great food, great drinks. It's casual with an upscale feel. Happy hour is popular as it is right near campus and in one of Chicagolands financial districts.

Or should we hold off until the spring for more acceptances to be handed out?

Last edited:
Is everybody available Saturday, January 12 for a meet/greet in the area? Feel free to share this on the Facebook page. The more the merrier. Is everybody familiar with Trademark Tavern? Great food, great drinks. It's casual with an upscale feel. Happy hour is popular as it is right near campus and in one of Chicagolands financial districts.

Or should we hold off until the spring for more acceptances to be handed out?

Plan for spring that way maybe more of us will be able to attend that are out of state

I wasn't goin to tell them till end if June lol it's hard when everyone keeps asking me ?s about where I see myself with this company lol

Yeah, I'm keeping a lid on it until early-May. I'm too poor to be out of a job for the next 6-7 months. lol.

I get paid Friday so I will be paying my deposit then! Can't wait to meet you all!

We might as well! Can't wait! I'm sure once August rolls around I will regret saying that lol.

We can do multiple get togethers. Since a lot of us are local, it should be easy. We can do one soon and one later for all the oos.

I am up for multiple meet-ups. I work and live in Indy though, so weekends are better for me.

Hey guys! I just paid the $1000 yesterday. Can't wait to start classes and meet everyone!

Hey guys! I just paid the $1000 yesterday. Can't wait to start classes and meet everyone!

Hi there!

Also, if you all decide on a date/place, please put it here. I don't have facebook at the moment and wouldn't be able to find out without it being posted here.

Hi there!

Also, if you all decide on a date/place, please put it here. I don't have facebook at the moment and wouldn't be able to find out without it being posted here.

Lets do jan 12 at trademark tavern. 7pm. If you live in the area, just come to hang out. We can have one in the late spring too.

How's everyone doing? Still pumped up and cannot wait to get back to Chicago over here lol

I am so excited about next year. I can't wait to move and truly begin my journey to becoming a doctor.

Rando question but when do you think the online portal changes from the applicant portal to whatever it is for a student? Just curious...and bored at work haha

Rando question but when do you think the online portal changes from the applicant portal to whatever it is for a student? Just curious...and bored at work haha

I've been checking the portal religiously. I would assume closer to the orientation or sometimes in Spring. I think at this point we only get Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Services and IT.

I've been checking the portal religiously. I would assume closer to the orientation or sometimes in Spring. I think at this point we only get Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Services and IT.

That's what I figured.

Last edited:
so after this deposit.. is there another deposit that we'll have to place at a later date? next year as well? im still waiting on other schools but made my deposit so i dont lose this spot for now

I was wondering if some current students could share their experiences on the CCOM test schedule? I know that they have a lot of tests very often, and that appears to work out really nicely to keep students on top of everything. I was just wondering if the weekly tests are very manageable because they more focused material than one giant test, or is it still really difficult because the minutia is tested also?

i am a third year currently and i can share my thoughts and experiences on this.
i personally think the more frequent testing was better for me personally. it forced me toe tay on top of all my material and did not let me get behind on anything. i have also had experience with a midterm and final situation and i found i would not keep up as well in that type of setup as i did in this.
yes it can get hectic when you have a bunch of tests in a week. but you know your test schedule at the beginning of the quarter and you know when those crazy times are coming and you allot your time accordingly.
the only class you ahem weekly test in is biochem and those are over about 3-4 lectures so that is an exception. generally every other class you have a test about every 3-4 weeks and they cover 12-15 lectures approximately.
as far as what they test, everything is in the lecture notes you buy. sometimes there is the "where did they pull that one from?" question that is on one page and was not stressed at all but generally i found the questions to be fairly fair.
hth some

Last edited: