CCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thank you!

btw does anyone have any idea how much of the seats are already filled? I was kinda wondering how late is an early dec interview?

Present yourself well, and I am sure school will give you a spot on their program. I don't think just because you are interviewing in early dec, spots would have filled up by now. I loved my CCOM interview, and the enthusiasm displayed by its current students. Professors and admins were so nice as well, and they generally want to see you enjoy the interview day. Go ace it by just being yourself, explain why you are interested, and why you would be a good fit.

Members don't see this ad.

:)If anyone is looking for housing, I am looking for 1 at most 2 roommates for a townhouse that is 10 minutes from school. It is a 3 bedroom with a finished basement and 1 and 1/2 bathrooms. Rent is around 750 a month (Per person) we can split utilities. Of course rent would be cheaper with 3 people total so please feel free to email me with questions or for directions and pictures. I will be in the entering class of 2012

[email protected]

Jay

I have a question for a current student (maybe mommy2three?). Does the non-systems based curriculum make it more difficult to understand the material, or is it presented in an easy fashion to learn? How often do you take tests per week? What is the normal amount of hours per day and per week that you are in class? Thanks!

yes I would liek t know too!

also can anyone comment on the interview? format and what not?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question for a current student (maybe mommy2three?). Does the non-systems based curriculum make it more difficult to understand the material, or is it presented in an easy fashion to learn? How often do you take tests per week? What is the normal amount of hours per day and per week that you are in class? Thanks!

i will be back later to give a more thorough response. been a bit of a crazy week starting back from break :)

It's a panel interview with 2-3 interviewers. My interview was about 25-30 minutes.

I also had 3 interviewers (panel interview), made up of 1 professor and 2 upper class medical students. My interview lasted close to 45 minutes (i think i was one of last one to get out of interview)

For the resume/CV did you guys provide a brief description of each of your extracurricular activities?

even though we are non-systems based iti s organized in a fashion that it is easy to understand. it is organized in fashion that things go together. for example we do the abdomen and thorax all together. pelvis and lower extremity.
i think it is organized in a fashion that t is easy to understand the units exams that it comes together.
first year tests seem to come with a cluster of exams. so you may have two to three weeks of 2 sometimes 3 exams a week. then a lull.
second year is much more consistent at 1-2 exams a week pretty much throughout the quarter.

we are in class money through friday. currently we have class monday from 10:10-2, tuesday from 8:10-5, wednesday 9:10-5 (i am in the later OMM group, second half of the quarter i will be done at 3 on wed), thursday 8:10-5 and friday 8:10-2
we are front loaded in the fall nd winter quarters because we have a really light load in the spring to allow extra study time for comlex.
hth some

Hey guys,
Does anyone of you know like when is the next time they might be sending out interview invites? or maybe someone knows if they send out once a month? Thanks.

hope your interview went well and no fair hiding :laugh:

i gave a hint when i talked to u :) interview went ok. messed up a bit when they asked about OMM and the ethical question( i think i chose the choice that broke hippa guidelines).

Anyone heard when the admissions committee meets again for acceptance / rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard when the admissions committee meets again for acceptance / rejections?
It should be soon. They said the 6th was the last date for Fall interviews and the committee would most likely be meeting within the next two weeks to sort it all out... hopefully with some good news before Christmas :)

i gave a hint when i talked to u :) interview went ok. messed up a bit when they asked about OMM and the ethical question( i think i chose the choice that broke hippa guidelines).

i would not worry about the ethics snafu, even i do not know the ins and outs of hippo guidelines.
i must have missed your hint, i am just that clueless :laugh:

hopefully your waiting will be over soon!!! lmk what the result is :)

Anyone know when Stafford and Grad Plus loans are disbursed? Is it usually after the first day of class?

it is usually before classes starter the first week, it seems to vary deeding on quarter.
this quarter we got our refunds right at the end of thanksgiving break so things were disbursed over break.
hth some

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews?

i'm OOS, and i was completed in early november.

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews?

i'm OOS, and i was completed in early november.

No official knowledge but they interview through April. Last I heard people were getting interviews in January and early Feb so I'm assuming they are still offering them. You can also expect some people with interviews scheduled to cancel them so some spots will open up that way too. When I interviewed a few weeks ago they told us they had filled less than half their spots. Good Luck!

ACCEPTED!! Online status changed just before noon today. Interview 11/29.

Got an email saying the same about 3pm. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
First acceptance!! SO pumped... interviewed 12/3. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Hey, does anyone know if this school does 'soft' rejections? I haven't heard a squeak, and I'm guessing I'm out, but I'm wondering if they'll just not ever send me anything and that's how I'll know they 'rejected' me...

Officially declined my acceptance and withdrew my application just now..last month I got accepted into my state school...Strangely, I felt really sad as I was declining my acceptance to this school:( I definitely love this school and believe with no reservation that I would have received an outstanding education..However I am glad that I opened up a stop for another worthy applicant that anxiously wants an acceptance here..GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Also declined my acceptance. Wish you all the best in the admissions process!

Hey everyone,

I've never posted before, just lurked a lot, but I feel bad for not contributing so I thought I would. I was accepted yesterday and I interviewed on 12/5. I'm extremely happy b/c I loved CCOM :biglove: Best Christmas present ever!! :D

The guy to girl ratio on the facebook group so far is about 5:1 :thumbdown: Hopefully the real class isn't like that

Hey all, I officially declined my acceptance. Great school. Best of luck to you all!

haha, same! yay for us girls ;)

our class is about 50-50 so it all evens out in the end

congrats to the new admits :)

feel free to ask any questions

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if the $1,000 deposit was refundable...I really love the school but am still waiting for my state school as my top choice...$1000 is ALOT of $$$.

what happens if I do not pay? Do I lose my seat or put on a waitlist?

I completed my secondary around Late Sept./Early Oct. I still haven't heard a Peep from them. Anyone else in my shoes? I just want to hear back something!

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if the $1,000 deposit was refundable...I really love the school but am still waiting for my state school as my top choice...$1000 is ALOT of $$$.

what happens if I do not pay? Do I lose my seat or put on a waitlist?

They will refund $100 of the deposit. If you don't pay they consider that your final decision not to come, your not waitlisted ect. My advice to you: you've invested a lot of time and $$$ to get yourself to this point - put up the money and guarantee that you'll be going to medical school. Overall, $1000 is just a rounding error on the cost of your medical school education. This is what I had to do, I put up a large deposit at the first school I was accepted to and I'm out that money. Good Luck.

Last edited:
I've seen in other threads that the earlier you ask for a refund from ccom, the more money you are given back, but that may have changed.

I just canceled my interview and withdrew my application. I realized I wouldn't end up going here over the other places I have been accepted to because it is just way too expensive. Hopefully this opens something up for those who are waiting to hear back from the school. Good luck!

Just a few questions,

1) has anyone picked there rotation sites? How do we do this?

2) On the matriculation agreement it says that we need a C or better on the pre-requisite courses, does this apply to all courses or just the pre-reqs? oh and it also says to remain above the minimum gpa, is that a 3? or 2.75?

Just a few questions,

1) has anyone picked there rotation sites? How do we do this?

2) On the matriculation agreement it says that we need a C or better on the pre-requisite courses, does this apply to all courses or just the pre-reqs? oh and it also says to remain above the minimum gpa, is that a 3? or 2.75?

on 1 you will not pick rotation order until december of second year and will not pick sites until march/april of second year so you will see that for a while until you actually use it.

i think the C specifically applies to pre-reqs required only but i would call the admission office and talk to someone to make sure.

on 1 you will not pick rotation order until december of second year and will not pick sites until march/april of second year so you will see that for a while until you actually use it.

i think the C specifically applies to pre-reqs required only but i would call the admission office and talk to someone to make sure.

Hi mommy2three, do you know if ccom allow their students to take a year off after 2nd or 3rd year to pursue a 1 year MPH degree at another institution?

Hi mommy2three, do you know if ccom allow their students to take a year off after 2nd or 3rd year to pursue a 1 year MPH degree at another institution?

no i do not believe they do.

however we have at least one person in our class who is doing his while in med school entirely online.

no i do not believe they do.

however we have at least one person in our class who is doing his while in med school entirely online.

I actually asked this question during my CCOM interview. In fact, this is a question, which i ask in every single interview i go to. I am interested in taking a year off between 2nd and 3rd year, and do one yr of MPH (most likely at hopkins).

my interviewers at CCOM told me that's fine, and they are aware of those cases.

I actually asked this question during my CCOM interview. In fact, this is a question, which i ask in every single interview i go to. I am interested in taking a year off between 2nd and 3rd year, and do one yr of MPH (most likely at hopkins).

my interviewers at CCOM told me that's fine, and they are aware of those cases.

Oh cool, are you coming to ccom?

in case anyone is wondering, II's are still going out
Did you receive one today? Are you going to go for it? Anyone know how many seats are still open and whether interviewing this late still means we have a good chance for acceptance?