CCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm flying in and out of Midway..do they have a flat rate as well? I mean i might as well rent a car since I have 5 hours between the interview and my flight...

Yes, it's $33 - 36 flat rate (plus $2 airport tax) to MDW. Chicago traffic is unpredictable, and more so to Midway from Downers Grove.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone interviewing on October 3rd? I'll be flying in to Chicago on October 2nd in the afternoon and will be staying at TownePlace Suites in Lombard. I'd be down for meeting up with anyone in the area before interview day.

Members don't see this ad :)
My first acceptance! A huge congratulations to everyone in the same boat!!!!! :love: So this is what it feels like to know you're going to be a doctor!

Edit: I interviewed on the first day, 9/16

Last edited:
My first acceptance! A huge congratulations to everyone in the same boat!!!!! :love: So this is what it feels like to know you're going to be a doctor!
how long after your interview was your acceptance posted?

how long after your interview was your acceptance posted?

it depends on when you interview as to how long your wait will be they meet once a month so if you are at the beginning of the month your wait will be longer than if you are at the end of the month.

in general i would say anywhere between 2-4 weeks.

:luck:

really hoping to have a good reply soon. interviewed 9/19. :xf:

OMG I can't believe this is really happening :eek:

I didn't even check this thread before looking at my MWU account (on a whim!).

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone here recently completed their application and heard information about an interview? I was complete on 9/23 and am getting anxious already!

I think I was accepted too! They are asking for my matriculation payment!!!!!!!!

those of you that were accepted, what were ur stats (cGpa, SGPA, & MCAT including breakdown) if you dont mind me asking? Congrats to all of you~! This is my first choice and want to know if I have the slighest chance of getting in.

So I just got a letter in the mail asking to fill out the secondary...But my mcat score isnt great (nowhere near the average) so Im not sure what to do.

So I just got a letter in the mail asking to fill out the secondary...But my mcat score isnt great (nowhere near the average) so Im not sure what to do.

It's worth applying anyway, especially if you can make up for it in other areas!

It's worth applying anyway, especially if you can make up for it in other areas!

Agreed. They don't accept anyone who doesn't apply. ;)

What's the worst that can happen? You'll be out $50, big whoop.

those of you that were accepted, what were ur stats (cGpa, SGPA, & MCAT including breakdown) if you dont mind me asking? Congrats to all of you~! This is my first choice and want to know if I have the slighest chance of getting in.

3.9 GPA. 28R MCAT (11 BS, 9 VR, 8 PS), OOS. Thanks for the congrats. Good luck to you. Congrats on your LECOM acceptance.

Accepted! I can't remember the last time I was this happy!:biglove:

I want to jump for joy, but i just want to make sure that i've actually been accepted. i login to the online.midwestern.edu and it says accepted student checklist at the homepage with a matriculation payment due date among other things. Does this mean i'm in???

I want to jump for joy, but i just want to make sure that i've actually been accepted. i login to the online.midwestern.edu and it says accepted student checklist at the homepage with a matriculation payment due date among other things. Does this mean i'm in???

Yes

Commence jumping :)

Got accepted into CCOM..l am sooooo elated right now:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes! Yes! Yes! I can now retract my application at all these other schools!!!

I don't have an acceptance letter in hand yet, but my MWU portal is asking for a transcript and cash monies :D

3.57 sGPA, 3.68 cGPA, 31Q (9 VR, 11 PS, 11 BS)

Just checked my portal, ACCEPTED! Interviewed 9/23

Accepted!!!!! 3rd acceptance so far of the DO schools, but my top school!!!!!! So excited. 30, 3.73

oh, and mommy2three, I was the gal who did the zip car :) Don't do zipcar-its waaaaaaay too expensive

Does CCOM have a dissection based anatomy or is it prosection?

Oh and Congrats to everyone who just got accepted!!

Last edited:

dissections, hands down the nicest anatomy lab i've seen... brand new

Flying out to Chicago tomorrow..soo excited!!! and I decided to rent a car.. I have like 5 hours to kill after the interview on Tues if anyone wants to hang out

Flying out to Chicago tomorrow..soo excited!!! and I decided to rent a car.. I have like 5 hours to kill after the interview on Tues if anyone wants to hang out

sounds like we're in the same boat. i'll probably be seeing you tuesday =)

Does anyone know any specifics about the curriculum here? Tried finding info on the website but didn't really see much.

Is everything lecture the first two years or do they do some case-based learning as well?

If anyone has their interview tomorrow and is in the Lombard area right now, lemme know if you want to hang out. I'm stationed at the Marriott TownePlace.

anyone know if they plan on marching us around during interview day? or are heels do-able?

anyone know if they plan on marching us around during interview day? or are heels do-able?

Most of the day you're sitting. We didn't walk very far during our tour. I kept my heels on, and from what I recall, none of the other ladies changed into flats, either. As long as they're not high heels, I'd say it's do-able. :)

dissection but they added a prosected cadaver this year for the lab.

Last edited:
Does anyone know any specifics about the curriculum here? Tried finding info on the website but didn't really see much.

Is everything lecture the first two years or do they do some case-based learning as well?

we do a combination of both. They do case based studies in classes to try to give us more of a clinical picture of our classes. 90% of our classes are straight lecture though (aside from OMM and ICM workshops)

we do tour campus, but it is fairly close. heels are definitely doable, just as long as they are not terribly high.

i will see you tues :)
i may or may not be your fearless tour leader ;)

Most of the day you're sitting. We didn't walk very far during our tour. I kept my heels on, and from what I recall, none of the other ladies changed into flats, either. As long as they're not high heels, I'd say it's do-able. :)

:thumbup: thanks. heels it is

Does everyone have the accepted student checklist when you sign in to MWU's site? Does it mean I am accepted????