CCOM March Adm Meeting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

122206DO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just called CCOM and apparently they've already met this week but still waiting for the dean to sign the letters. They couldn't tell me anything over the phone. Anyone else hear? Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to those of you waiting to hear something today!

Marcia

Crossing my fingers. I hope that we all get a call soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I e-mailed Michael Laken on Thursday, and Friday morning I received an e-mail saying I was accepted. They are mailing out letters next Tuesday, but if you want to find out earlier, drop him an e-mail. GOOD LUCK!

Hey guys, I e-mailed Michael Laken on Thursday, and Friday morning I received an e-mail saying I was accepted. They are mailing out letters next Tuesday, but if you want to find out earlier, drop him an e-mail. GOOD LUCK!

Ah, I thought they let you know by phone call. Me ego was a little hurt when I didn't get one on Friday. So we're actually waiting for letters.

Well I just got an e-mail from Michael Laken. It seems that I have been put on the alternate list. Im pretty bumed right now, but I was wondering if anybody here new what the chances are for being removed from the waitlist? Im sure that it depends on how many students withdrawl from the class etc. but is there a way that I can find out anymore than that? Does the AdCom re-review all of the waitlisted individuals or is there a ranked list?

From what I have heard, a lot of people come off of the waitlist. I am not sure about the ranking though.

Marcia

Has anyone who has been accepted received a phone call? Or are they only doing letters?

Has anyone who has been accepted received a phone call? Or are they only doing letters?

I just emailed Mr. Larkin, and got a very nice responce today in the morning. From what I understand the letters are being mailed today.

I know that there are several posts regarding questions such as these, but I was looking for some advise specifically regarding CCOM. I have been placed on the alternate list and was wondering a few things: I was planning on sending another letter of intent to admissions, but should I type out a letter or would email work (I thinking an actual letter) also I have contacted Mr. Laken, but he did not tell me if the class was already full etc, only that CCOM typically takes people off of the alternate list for class spots. Also I think that I have some pretty good rec letters, but I do not have one from a DO. Would this make a big difference or should I scramble around to find a DO to shadow for a few days? Any opinions on how to impress upon the adcom how committed I am to CCOM would be appreciated.

I know that there are several posts regarding questions such as these, but I was looking for some advise specifically regarding CCOM. I have been placed on the alternate list and was wondering a few things: I was planning on sending another letter of intent to admissions, but should I type out a letter or would email work (I thinking an actual letter) also I have contacted Mr. Laken, but he did not tell me if the class was already full etc, only that CCOM typically takes people off of the alternate list for class spots. Also I think that I have some pretty good rec letters, but I do not have one from a DO. Would this make a big difference or should I scramble around to find a DO to shadow for a few days? Any opinions on how to impress upon the adcom how committed I am to CCOM would be appreciated.

1. I would type the letter and print it on nice stationary...much more professional than an email.

2. I was accepted with an MD letter, so a DO letter isn't necessary for acceptance. I'm not sure if obtaining a DO letter would help at this point in the game, but I doubt it would hurt either. If you're going to do it, I'd seek out a CCOM alum to shadow for maximum benefit. However, will a "few days" of shadowing really make for a good letter? As a doc (which I'm not, but if I were), I might be reluctant to write a LOR to get someone off a waitlist unless I had a pretty solid relationship with him/her.

So there’s my totally uninformed advice. What can I say? Work is boring.

Good luck.

Although I found out about the decision on my application through email yesterday, I just got the phone call. So I guess they are calling today. Good luck.

Thanks for the advise. I have already started drafting up a lettr to the adcom. Im really hoping to get accepted hear and was extrememly diasappointd in getting the alternate response. This is my 3rd year applying to CCOM and my MCATs are due to be renewed, so Im not looking forward to taking them again. This is all part of the process though, if Im going to ever one day become a physician, so Im not giving up. Come on adcom, review my app.Congrats to all who have been accepted.

Thanks for the advise. I have already started drafting up a lettr to the adcom. Im really hoping to get accepted hear and was extrememly diasappointd in getting the alternate response. This is my 3rd year applying to CCOM and my MCATs are due to be renewed, so Im not looking forward to taking them again. This is all part of the process though, if Im going to ever one day become a physician, so Im not giving up. Come on adcom, review my app.Congrats to all who have been accepted.

Also, i have a strong feeling ccom likes those who really demonstrate their desire to go to ccom and stay in the community. i think if you can try and convey that in your letter and express to them that ccom is your number one that should give you a leg up. stay in touch with the office..also ask to speak with a counselor..they are really helpful! :)

Thanks for all of the advice, I was just in contact with a physician who knows me pretty well (who is a DO) who said that she would love to write me a letter of rec and who also said that she was initialy wait listed and went on to have a wonderful career. Ill just be aggessive and let CCOM know that Im bound and determined to attend. Thanks all.

I'm withdrawing my acceptance to CCOM today-- so hopefully one of you will get it :)
Good luck!

The title of this reply says it all. Seriously I hope that everyone gets in, but I REALLY hope Im first.

I hope it is both me & you. I would really like to get in. This is my second year of getting waitlisted! I feel your pain!:(

BUMB! Anyone heard about anyone getting off the waiting list? or about when they will start pulling people?
Thanks!

I had e-mailed Mr. Laken, and he said that he couldnt tell me where I was at on the wait list or how many were on it, or even if they were going to take anyone from the waitlist, but he DID say that typically movement starts in June and continues throught the first week of class if there is any movement at all. Helpful?

That is helpful. Thanks for the info. Please post or PM me when you find out anything else. I will do the same.