CDC Internship/Fellowship/APPE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICaPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with any of the above?

Members don't see this ad.

I did the James Ferguson Fellowship with the CDC. It was a great experience. I worked with extremely intelligent people and had I been finished with pharm school, would have got offered a job. Often at the end of the internship they do offer you employment. I suggest you work hard, do anything thing in life that they want you to do ( I found myself doing dunkin donuts run mid-day) and network your but off. This is a great experience for someone, and federal benefits are a plus.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Applying for CDC Health Scientist position and CDC intern positions. I'll tell you what they say. I am thinking of working for some time at the CDC before matriculation to med school.

I did the James Ferguson Fellowship with the CDC. It was a great experience. I worked with extremely intelligent people and had I been finished with pharm school, would have got offered a job. Often at the end of the internship they do offer you employment. I suggest you work hard, do anything thing in life that they want you to do ( I found myself doing dunkin donuts run mid-day) and network your but off. This is a great experience for someone, and federal benefits are a plus.
squiggles5270 can you tell me more about the Ferguson fellowship? I am having a hard time deciding whether to do that one or the NIH internship this summer. I have not yet been accepted to the Ferguson fellowship (just had the phone interview and should know by next week) but I have been accepted to the NIH internship. Both great opportunities but unfortunately I would have to pick one.

My overall career goal is to go into pharmaceutical industry but prior to that I want to do a fellowship with some drug company. Which do you believe would make me more attractive to the post-pharmacy fellowship selection committee?

squiggles5270 can you tell me more about the Ferguson fellowship? I am having a hard time deciding whether to do that one or the NIH internship this summer. I have not yet been accepted to the Ferguson fellowship (just had the phone interview and should know by next week) but I have been accepted to the NIH internship. Both great opportunities but unfortunately I would have to pick one.

My overall career goal is to go into pharmaceutical industry but prior to that I want to do a fellowship with some drug company. Which do you believe would make me more attractive to the post-pharmacy fellowship selection committee?
Do you mind sharing your stats?

What does your cv look like in a nutshell?

Does anyone know by when they heard back from the CDC James Ferguson Fellowship? Any was it by mail, email, phone?

It will be late in the semester before you hear anything back. I was contacted April 16 for a phone interview the following day. Can't remember if initial contact was by phone or email.

They said they would send out email acceptances starting this week.....ahhhhh nervous. But you said there are still interviews to do after? hmmm so maybe she meant general notifications for interviews

They make modifications/improvements on an annual basis, so the process may not necessarily be the same as last year. Best wishes!

Hi, thanks in advance! I am a P1 pharmacy student and I also applied to the James A. Ferguson Fellowship this summer. I consider myself a competitive applicant (2 years research experience, 1 publication + a few conference presentations, leadership in class council- President, EMT as an extracurricular activity, and pharmacy intern at Walgreens). I'm just worried that my essays aren't too great, since there were so many of them and I was starting to sound repetitive...Does anyone mind sharing their stats when they were a summer intern and/or let me know how their experience was? Thanks! :)

Hello,
I am currently a P1 and I plan on applying for summer 2017. Do you have any advise for applying?

Hi, thanks in advance! I am a P1 pharmacy student and I also applied to the James A. Ferguson Fellowship this summer. I consider myself a competitive applicant (2 years research experience, 1 publication + a few conference presentations, leadership in class council- President, EMT as an extracurricular activity, and pharmacy intern at Walgreens). I'm just worried that my essays aren't too great, since there were so many of them and I was starting to sound repetitive...Does anyone mind sharing their stats when they were a summer intern and/or let me know how their experience was? Thanks! :)

Hi

I am currently a P1 and will be applying for summer 2017. Do you mind sharing your experience with the program?

I am a current P1 and will be applying summer 2017.
Does anyone have any advise when applying to the program?

Reactions: 1 user