Cell or Developmental Biology???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trying

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can only keep one class and I am trying to figure out which one would be more helpful for the mcat. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i would definately go will cell biology.

Cell Biology most definitely!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cell Bio for sure.

The only thing they really ask about developmental bio is embryology and some stuff about the development of the nervous system.

Developmental jk
heh i wanted ot say something different
go with cell bio

Cell, but only if you are not taking Molecular as well. I took both and they are the same class essentially. Devo really helps with cell differention and all kidney crap on the MCAT. :thumbup:

mcjay said:
Cell, but only if you are not taking Molecular as well. I took both and they are the same class essentially. Devo really helps with cell differention and all kidney crap on the MCAT. :thumbup:

Cell and Molecular were very different at my university actually. If any class was similar to cell, Biochemistry was from my experience.

YzIa said:
Cell and Molecular were very different at my university actually. If any class was similar to cell, Biochemistry was from my experience.

I agree with this post...I also agree with the fact that you should definitely take Cell instead of developmental. It is also much more interesting in my worthless opinion.

VPDcurt said:
I agree with this post...I also agree with the fact that you should definitely take Cell instead of developmental. It is also much more interesting in my worthless opinion.

100% agreement with Cell being more interesting than Devo! :thumbup:

cell bio kind of preceeds developmental bio in content prereqs. (in my opinion)

Hmm, this is a close one. :laugh: I think i'll go with cell. Thanks guys.