Centralized Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

TreeofRoses

Hi everyone, my question is: is there a centralized application for all audiology schools? or do we have to apply to each one separately?

For example, for optometry, there is optomCAS which you submit your primary application, LORs and transcript, and personal statement to. Then you would individually submit essays to each school you are applying to.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback, I would really like to know if there is a centralized app, especially when it comes to the LORs (it would be very difficult to submit those separately to each school, esp. if one is applying to a handful of schools).

Also, if there is such a site, could you please let me know which site it is? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

There is the CSDCAS central application which opens 9/17/15, but not all the schools are using it.
https://portal.csdcas.org/

I know UNC does, but UU, KU, and (I think Seattle) have their own applications and don't use the service. From the little bit of research I did on admissions, it seems like more schools do not use this--most have their own app.

kit10phish is correct that not all schools are using it. There are a handful of schools that are moving toward this type of application system, for instance, this is the first year that Arizona State University will be using the CSDCAS system. I think that it will be a long time before all schools use this type of application service.

It can be a bit of a pain to deal with transcripts/GRE scores/LORs, but if you make everything organized, it is less tedious. For example, when you ask someone to write a letter for you, I would have a packet available to give to them. The packet should at least include a copy of all your transcripts, your personal statement, your resume/CV, and GRE scores, as well as, an instruction sheet for how to submit letters for each school you're applying to. If the school requires that the letters be mailed in, include the self-addressed and stamped envelope, so all the person needs to do is put the letter in and drop it in the mail. If the school requires an online recommendation, indicate whether the letter writer will need to wait for an email invite or if they have to access a particular website. Make things as easy as possible for them and make sure they have enough information to write a solid letter for you (which is why it is important to include the personal statement and other items).

You need to be willing to do the work up front, so that if they agree to write a letter for you and they ask for information, you can show that you've already taken the initiative to be prepared. Good luck!

Last edited: