Certiphi Background Check taking longer than stated - Do I need to do anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sovereign0

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my background check the day (or maybe the day after?) I got my email - 1/6. The email which confirmed it was in progress said it would take 3-5 days (or longer due to circumstances beyond their control).

It's 2/4 and it still hasn't been finished. Can't tell if I'm being neurotic, but does this fall under "longer due to circumstances beyond our control", or is this something I need to follow up on? I was accepted way back in October.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my background check the day (or maybe the day after?) I got my email - 1/6. The email which confirmed it was in progress said it would take 3-5 days (or longer due to circumstances beyond their control).

It's 2/4 and it still hasn't been finished. Can't tell if I'm being neurotic, but does this fall under "longer due to circumstances beyond our control", or is this something I need to follow up on? I was accepted way back in October.
Most people got the request for a background check and more or less around the same time as you, so I'm guessing they're just backed up right now.

Mine took 16 days! (They're probably backed up, and it also depends on how many addresses- i.e. how many courts, they have to contact and hear back from)

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine too way longer than expected, too. I think it might have had something to do with the fact that I have lived in multiple states, and each location had to be checked for a criminal record.