Certiphi question....what should be my next step?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medhead2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@gyngyn Who should I email? I tried talking to someone in admissions about it and they transferred me to the registrars office because that is who sees the reports initially. Should I treat this as an update and send it to the admissions office?
Either the registrar or admissions should get your full explanation before the report hits. You can be sure that they will share the information.

Do you think this could cause them to rescind my offer? I am freaking out. @gyngyn

I think it's difficult to predict how they will react. If they were reported on your application initially it's unlikely they would have been serious enough to keep you out of medical school.

Your best shot is to immediately notify them and apologize profusely for not being aware that these violations counted as misdemeanors. Other than that, let the chips fall where they may. What's done can't be undone, but you can do you're best to make it appear as an oversight, not a deliberate omission.

Now I'm concerned. Speeding tickets in my state are misdemeanors. (not that I have a lot of them). :-/

Now I'm concerned. Speeding tickets in my state are misdemeanors. (not that I have a lot of them). :-/

Those won't matter. The seat and liscense ticket might but I doubt it as long as OP lets them know

Thanks guys for all the help! I just have to pray that it all works out.

Do you all think I should come right out and ask if this will affect my offer?

Have you contacted the school? I don't think any of us know how it will work out! The ball is in your court. Let them know NOW! Get off SDN and do something. Be proactive.
IMO you shouldn't mention your acceptance. They know you have been accepted.

Do you all think I should come right out and ask if this will affect my offer?

The people you will likely be talking to on the phone are unlikely to know what the school's decision will be. Asking will do nothing but make you look desperate and only concerned about your acceptance (which of course you are) but the attitude you wish to convey to them is apologetic that this did not get reported on your AMCAS.

Let the school take in the information and make the decision instead of pressuring them upfront for an answer they probably don't have yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks everyone. The dean is out of town until Monday. I'll hear back from them at that point.