cGPA:3.07 sGPA:3.37, 32 MCAT, what schools to apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA: 3.07
sGPA: 3.37
MCAT: 32 (11PS, 12BS, 9VR)

Average ECs- 500 clinical hours, 500 research hours, EMT certified

I submitted my primary on the 8/25, still waiting for AACOMAS to locate my transcripts (which were sent a week ago, but they say they still haven't received it yet... is this normal?)

what are some schools in my range? I've applied to LUCOM, so far that is my only school.

Any input is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Apply where you want to go. If you have average interviewing skills, you'll likely get several acceptances.

If it were me, I'd apply to:

TCOM (if you're willing to fill out TDMSAS)
NSU
KCOM
KCU (they may still have a gpa requirement, not sure)
DMU
AZCOM and CCOM (if you don't mind outrageous tuition)
RVU
PCOM
OSU-COM

Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Oh man .... only LUCOM?

52db39c2_3ykiyu.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply where you want to go. If you have average interviewing skills, you'll likely get several acceptances.

NSU
KCOM
DMU
RVU
PCOM
OSU-COM

Good luck

thank you for the help

Transcripts can take a long time. What is your state of residence?

I would apply to 15 or so with that cGPA, but the 32 is good.

PCOM
TouroNY
Touro CA
AZCOM
RVU
Marian
LECOM x2
ACOM
KCOM
SOMA
DMU
NSU
VCOMx3
LMU

Transcripts can take a long time. What is your state of residence?

I would apply to 15 or so with that cGPA, but the 32 is good.

PCOM
TouroNY
Touro CA
AZCOM
RVU
Marian
LECOM x2
ACOM
KCOM
SOMA
DMU
NSU
VCOMx3
LMU

thank you so much for that list. Also I live in east coast

Last edited:
You could take out Touro CA then, and add UNECOM and NYIT

Rather then make a new thread I figured Id use this one as my AACOMAS is also currently being verified and Im also in the North East.
cGPA: 3.64 if professional classes dont count, 3.53 if they do, sGPA: 3.75 MCAT: 510(Physical Science: 125, CARS: 131 Bio: 127 Psych: 127. Weaker ECs though, 110 hours volunteering at a hospital with patient contact(still doing this activity, but I had 110 at time of submission I should have left it off and added it once I was verified but oh well), around 20 hours shadowing, a year of TAing, about a year of tutoring, and 2 unrelated low level jobs, no research.

Right now I am applying to LECOM, NYIT, Touro NY, UNECOM. I know I need to add more but I am unsure of how many and which ones.

Any suggestions on how many/which schools to add?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can do better than LUCOM.

I suggest:

PCOM
LECOM
SOMA
PCOM-Ga
PNWU
WCU
ACOM
VCOM (all)
LMU:
WVSOM:
KYCOM:
Burrell COM

I submitted my primary on the 8/25, still waiting for AACOMAS to locate my transcripts (which were sent a week ago, but they say they still haven't received it yet... is this normal?)

what are some schools in my range? I've applied to LUCOM, so far that is my only school.

Hey, 2nd year LUCOM student here. I like the lists Goro and others have posted but if you get an interview here you should definitely check us out. Let me know if you have any questions about the school. Good luck!

You can do better than LUCOM.

I suggest:

PCOM
LECOM
SOMA
PCOM-Ga
PNWU
WCU
ACOM
VCOM (all)
LMU:
WVSOM:
KYCOM:
Burrell COM

Thank you very much Goro, you have my gratitude.

Hey, 2nd year LUCOM student here. I like the lists Goro and others have posted but if you get an interview here you should definitely check us out. Let me know if you have any questions about the school. Good luck!

I definitely will have questions, thank you for the offer.

Just out of curiousity, how many members of the entering Class last year are still enrolled?

Just out of curiousity, how many members of the entering Class last year are still enrolled?
Hi goro, I don't have exact numbers but I believe there are 145 out of the original 161 in the second year class. Out of the 15-16 that are repeating courses from the 1st year, I have heard one or two decided not to come back/went carribean.

Hi goro, I don't have exact numbers but I believe there are 145 out of the original 161 in the second year class. Out of the 15-16 that are repeating courses from the 1st year, I have heard one or two decided not to come back/went carribean.

A lot of heathens??

A 10% attrition rate?
:wow:

That's going to get onto COCA's radar really fast.
Well, he said those ppl just repeat the first year, would that also count as attrition rate? I mean after repeat, would these ppl also graduate in 4 yrs anyway? I would be surprise that there are couple that go Carribean, it just does not make sense since you have to start all over at different school and total different material.

No, those people are graduating in five years.

Accreditors take a dim view of schools that can't do their jobs, or who have poor admissions criteria.

The acid test of LUCOM's competence will be next year, when the first class goes through COMLEX.

Well, he said those ppl just repeat the first year, would that also count as attrition rate? I mean after repeat, would these ppl also graduate in 4 yrs anyway? I would be surprise that there are couple that go Carribean, it just does not make sense since you have to start all over at different school and total different material.

No, those people are graduating in five years.

Accreditors take a dim view of schools that can't do their jobs, or who have poor admissions criteria.

The acid test of LUCOM's competence will be next year, when the first class goes through COMLEX.
Yeah Im not too sure what to make of it but I am glad the standards weren't lowered just to get a higher pass rate. But like you said, the boards will be the real test.

It was explained that they would always be considered class of 2018 even if they take longer to graduate. Similar to what would happen if you took a gap year between 2nd and 3rd to TA. But Im not sure how it would "officially" work out with COCA

NSU
KCOM
DMU
RVU
PCOM
OSU-COM

Good luck
OP would get screened out of KCUMB with his cGPA below 3.25

What is your GPA trend? How have you done the past 2 years in school? If you have an upward trend that will help your case a solid amount. As is though your stats are competitive for the programs Goro listed.

What is your GPA trend? How have you done the past 2 years in school? If you have an upward trend that will help your case a solid amount. As is though your stats are competitive for the programs Goro listed.
yes i do have an upward trend. thanks for the words of encouragement