DO cGPA 3.3 sGPA 3.34 MCAT 29

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

card43

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior in college, and I would really like some advice one what schools I should choose to apply to.

cGPA: 3.3 This is including 12 credits worth of college classes I took in high school where I got a 1.5 GPA. My institution GPA is a 3.48 with a upward trend (3.29 freshman year, 3.54 sophomore year, and 3.63 junior year).

sGPA: 3.31

MCAT: 29. 11 in verbal, 9 in biological and physical science.

ECS:
130 hours doing patient rounding at a hospital. Still volunteering here for over a year.
180 hours volunteering at a private clinic
40 hours of shadowing a MD at a hospital

I am a NY resident and my dream school is NYCOM. I am applying to:

PCOM Georgia and Philadelphia campus
KCUMB
LECOM Bradenton and Erie campus
NYCOM
Rowan
Touro New York and California campus
Western

I was wondering if my stats competitive enough for a DO school and whether I should apply to any other school. Thank you in advance for all of the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're fine~~ Keep up the good work!

I do remember that KCUMB had a higher GPA average than yours. However, your MCAT is higher than their average, so it should be fine.

150 hours for each ECs is okay, but you may have to do more depending on how much you think you can talk about it for the essays/interview.

Non-clinical volunteer/work experience is also something you should consider. : /

Rowan has a strong preference for NJ residents so you may want to scratch that off your list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your help SkipJunior. I submitted my application on September 28th and changed some schools around. My updated list:

ACOM
VCOM - VA
PCOM - GA
KCUMB
LECOM BC
LECOM SH
Nova
PCOM - PA
RVU
NYCOM
Touro NY
Touro Nevada
Western OR
Western CA

Should I apply to more schools? I really just want to get in somewhere. I'm worried that my lack of ECs and late application will hinder my chances of getting in this cycle. I would really appreciate your advice on this. @Goro

Good list, suggest adding DMU.

Thanks for your help SkipJunior. I submitted my application on September 28th and changed some schools around. My updated list:

ACOM
VCOM - VA
PCOM - GA
KCUMB
LECOM BC
LECOM SH
Nova
PCOM - PA
RVU
NYCOM
Touro NY
Touro Nevada
Western OR
Western CA

Should I apply to more schools? I really just want to get in somewhere. I'm worried that my lack of ECs and late application will hinder my chances of getting in this cycle. I would really appreciate your advice on this. @Goro

Reactions: 1 user
Good list, suggest adding DMU.

Thank you for your advice. Do you think my ECs are fine? I'm worried that that its too little. I'm volunteering at a food bank starting next week. Thanks again for all of your help. I really appreciate it.