cGPA 3.33 sGPA 3.29 KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gam1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a Missouri resident with a cGPA of 3.33 and sGPA 3.29. I will be taking the MCAT May 12th and have been getting 29-32 on the practice exams.

My EC include: (roughly)
200 hours of clinical volunteer work
60 hours recycle center volunteer
50 hours of tutoring
40 hours of shadowing
30 hours of volunteering through my university's pre medical society
1 year research experience
Nursery and youth volunteer/teacher at my church

What are my chances of getting into KCOM (Kirksville college of osteopathic medicine) or other DO schools, assuming that a get a 28+ on the MCAT. Also, my brother it currently a student at KCOM, if this matters. I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot to mention that there is a general upward trend for my GPA. Thanks

If you score what you expect to on the mcat, I could see KCOM as a very good possibility and you will likely get accepted at a couple of spots. That's the short answer. Your upward trend helps and you have decent enough ECs. Make sure your PS is well written and I would bet on you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I am a Missouri resident with a cGPA of 3.33 and sGPA 3.29. I will be taking the MCAT May 12th and have been getting 29-32 on the practice exams.

My EC include: (roughly)
200 hours of clinical volunteer work
60 hours recycle center volunteer
50 hours of tutoring
40 hours of shadowing
30 hours of volunteering through my university's pre medical society
1 year research experience
Nursery and youth volunteer/teacher at my church

What are my chances of getting into KCOM (Kirksville college of osteopathic medicine) or other DO schools, assuming that a get a 28+ on the MCAT. Also, my brother it currently a student at KCOM, if this matters. I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!
Excellent chances with a 28+ mcat...

Sounds good, thanks. Does my brothers current enrollment carry any weight for me as well? I am not too sure if it would or not.

It wouldn't hurt, always something that you could bring up when you are talking with your interviewers. Do well on the MCAT and apply early and you should be looking at a good number of interviews.

**UPDATE **
MCAT score is a 28Q cGPA OF 3.35 and sGPA 3.30

**UPDATE **
MCAT score is a 28Q cGPA OF 3.35 and sGPA 3.30

your stats are whats considered average. Many have gotten in with such stats. Apply early and broadly, gets secondaries done fast, interview well, and you can get multiple acceptances. GOOD LUCK!:thumbup: