MD & DO cGPA 3.37, sGPA 3.49, grGPA 3.85, MCAT 29, Physician Assistant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjohn7wy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i wrote a few months back prior to new MCAT results and looking primarily at DO, now a bit more interested in MD. Advice? recommendations

-cGPA 3.37, sGPA 3.49. I have a Masters in physician assistant studies with a GPA 3.85

-Mcat 29 (p10v9,b10),

-Clinical work, about 3000 hours as part of an emergency medicine fellowship and now 3000+ working trauma critical care, both at academic institutions.

I also have some work as an adjunct professor(about 50 hours)

-In regards to shadowing, i work with both osteopathic and allopathic MD's and have recommendations from both.

-undergraduate research project, 2 presentations but no publications

- volunteer maybe 30 hours or so, I was however the president of our student association during PA school

My current list:

Lecom APAP program is my top choice

DO: applied to the majority

MD: I am an IL and MD resident, thinking about applying to rush, Illinois, Rosalind franklin and Umaryland(letters from director of shock trauma center and a few others)

Albany med

George Washington

others?

Members don't see this ad.

You should be golden for any DO program. Im certainly not an expert on LECOM's program but I'd imagine you'd be very competitive for them as well.

Honestly if you haven't submitted all your DO applications yet, I'd stick with your top 6 or 7 choices and save the money.

Regarding MD If you're applying this cycle you need to get your application submitted ASAP.

Id apply to the ones you already mentioned plus maybe VCU, EVMS, Penn State, Commonwealth, and Vermont.

Thanks, will add.. appreciate the input

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, will add.. appreciate the input
With your MD list and @alpinism's you have 8 MD schools with a fair to good chance at an interview. Another handful and the DO schools would make a decent list. You should be an IL resident if you can, MD is just about the worst state to be an applicant and you can only be a resident in one (by AMCAS).