MD cGPA 3.689 / bcpmGPA 3.592; MCAT 30 (9 PS, 11 VR, 10 BS) Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bdstives09

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the above academic info, what are my chances at an MD school? Taking into consideration the following...

-Strong Extracurriculars: Vice President for the second largest student ran philanthropy in the nation (oversee approximately 350 people). The philanthropy funds millions of dollars to the local children's hospital.
-Research experience
-Work experience - internship in industry as chemist and worked hard labor.
-Strong letters of rec from respectable professors.
-BS Biochemistry Major with Honors Notation

Not trying to get into high-tier schools. Preferably mid-tier. Indiana resident shooting for IU.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any shadowing/clinical volunteering? =O

Members don't see this ad :)
Any shadowing/clinical volunteering? =O
Approximately 40 hrs of shadowing my neurosurgeon. Had some "clinical" volunteering in high school by assisting with my grandmother (suffered a stroke, quadriplegic, couldn't speak) in high school but didn't know if that would be considered clinical or relevant. That included upwards of 100 hours.

Where's your list?
1) Indiana University School of Medicine
2) Loyola
3) University of Arizona
4) University of Cincinatti
5) University of Kentucky
6) Boston University School of Medicine
7) University of Washington (state not St. Louis)
8) Brown University
9) University of Utah
10) University of Michigan

Some more to come. Apologies for not including

It makes a good story but you need to show us you know what you're getting into and that you really want to be around sick people and thier families. If it happened in high school, I feel it didn't happen.

Approximately 40 hrs of shadowing my neurosurgeon. Had some "clinical" volunteering in high school by assisting with my grandmother (suffered a stroke, quadriplegic, couldn't speak) in high school but didn't know if that would be considered clinical or relevant. That included upwards of 100 hours.

Goro suggests
1) Indiana University School of Medicine
2) Loyola
Any other low-tier or new MD school except Va Tech
Any DO program. MUCOM is a great school and in your backyard. Ditto CCOM.