cGPA 3.77, sGPA 3.75, MCAT 526 School list help, too top-heavy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bumblenest

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA: 3.77, sGPA 3.74
  2. MCAT 526: C/P 132, CARS 130, B/S 132, P/S 132
  3. Resident State: CA
  4. Ethnicity: Asian
Albert Einstein
BU
Columbia
Duke
Dartmouth
HMS
Mt. Sinai
JHU
NYU
Northwestern
UPenn
SUNY Downstate
Stanford
USC
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
UCDavis
UCI
UChicago
UMich
WUSTL
Brown
Cornell
Yale

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Looks fine

I would look at adding a few more. CWRU, Pitt, UVA and Ohio St were the first 4 that came to mind for me worth consideration that would be good additions

Last edited:
I would put a couple of lower tier schools on there just to see if you'll get interviews, and if you get an early acceptance, you'll be a bit calmer. Jefferson, Temple, Loyola, and Rush would all be good in those positions.

Also, think about location. For example, do you want to be in the middle of nowhere? If no, Dartmouth might not be a great choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice stats, list is not too top-heavy, but I'd add more schools also.

Nah I think your list is fine as it is. If I had to suggest trimming it, then remove BU (low-yield), Brown(very heavy on their undergrads), Dartmouth (favors non-trads).

Thanks guys!! I think I will add CWRS and Temple, taking out SUNY downstate, seeing as how it has a strong in-state bias. any other thoughts are welcome

You're golden. Nothing wrong with aiming high.

I would replace Brown with SUNY SB, and also consider U IA, Baylor, Vandy, Emory, BU, U VA, U AZ, U Miami, Jefferson, Hofstra and or Tulane

Albert Einstein
BU
Columbia
Duke
Dartmouth
HMS
Mt. Sinai
JHU
NYU
Northwestern
UPenn
SUNY Downstate