cGPA 3.9 sGPA 3.8 MCAT 38

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobaholic05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
School: UC Berkekey (California resident)
Major: Biology
cGPA: 3.9
sGPA: 3.8
MCAT: 38 (13B 12C 13V)

Extracurriculars
2 years of research (+ a publication)
3 years of volunteering at a hospital
2 years of volunteering at a free clinic as a peer adviser (not clinical)
3 years of volunteering at concerts and football games as an EMT (every other week)
Been competing nationally in Taekwondo (started TKD when I was 5). Won 4x National champion in high school (does that count?)
4 years of intermural kungfu at Cal.
4 years of AMSA. Part of the community service committee
2 years of Women in Science and engineering theme program. A mentee then mentor.
3 years of being a tutor at the student learning. Unpaid then paid study group leader/tutor

By the way, I just graduated and I am planning to apply this year. I am thinking of continuing research and volunteering.

Any advice? School list?

So far, I have:
UCSD
UCD
UCSF
UCLA
Loyola Chicago
U of Washington
WashU
Mount Sinai
Stanford
Yale

Members don't see this ad.

You are highly competitive at any school you apply to. Why you would ask for advice is beyond me...you're welcome for the apparently needed ego boost

School: UC Berkekey (California resident)
Major: Biology
cGPA: 3.9
sGPA: 3.8
MCAT: 38 (13B 12C 13V)

Extracurriculars
2 years of research (+ a publication)
3 years of volunteering at a hospital
2 years of volunteering at a free clinic as a peer adviser (not clinical)
3 years of volunteering at concerts and football games as an EMT (every other week)
Been competing nationally in Taekwondo (started TKD when I was 5). Won 4x National champion in high school (does that count?)
4 years of intermural kungfu at Cal.
4 years of AMSA. Part of the community service committee
2 years of Women in Science and engineering theme program. A mentee then mentor.
3 years of being a tutor at the student learning. Unpaid then paid study group leader/tutor

By the way, I just graduated and I am planning to apply this year. I am thinking of continuing research and volunteering.

Any advice? School list?

So far, I have:
UCSD
UCD
UCSF
UCLA
Loyola Chicago
U of Washington
WashU
Mount Sinai
Stanford
Yale
UWashington is not friendly to OOSers outside of the WWAMI region, unless they are MD/PhD applicants. I'd suggest adding some more top twenties known to be generous with scholarship money, like UChicago, Case, Mayo, . . .

Members don't see this ad :)
You are highly competitive at any school you apply to. Why you would ask for advice is beyond me...you're welcome for the apparently needed ego boost

I was just wondering what schools are good for out of state people?

UWashington is not friendly to OOSers outside of the WWAMI region, unless they are MD/PhD applicants. I'd suggest adding some more top twenties known to be generous with scholarship money, like UChicago, Case, Mayo, . . .

Thank you for the advice. What other schools are generous?

Unless you've murdered someone you really have absolutely nothing to be worried about in terms of garnering an acceptance.

You shouldn't have a problem snagging a nice merit scholarship from a top tier school like Catalystik mentioned, so shop around and see what schools have to offer.

23175734.jpg

I'm really happy for the OP. S/he's a very bright person and has a shot at ANY medical school.

Haha thanks. Btw what's OP?

I really love UCSF and have been dreaming of it since forever, but I haven't been looking at other schools so I don't really have a list of schools.

Last edited:

Last edited:
OP= overpowered. You are too competitive of an applicant so that might be an issue.

Orangutan penis. Ovary puss. Ornery panda. Oddly-shaped pickle. Orifice probe. Original poster.

OP= overpowered. You are too competitive of an applicant so that might be an issue.

OP in that context means "original poster", or the one that created the topic, lol.