cGPA 3.9, sGPA 3.9, 34S, looking for help with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MonicaMelquiade

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a student at a tech school with a major in molecular biochemistry and biophysics. My ECs are okay - lots of activities including lots of work experience but only about 40 hours of shadowing/clinical experience. Illinois resident. I've been told my personal statement is pretty good.

Here's my current list:

Drexel
Rush
Loyola
U of Illinois
U of Iowa
Penn State
Boston U
Harvard
UCLA
Penn
UCSD
Stanford
Vanderbilt
Cornell
Columbia
Albert Einstein
Brown
Johns Hopkins
Northwestern
U of Chicago

Is this just way too top heavy? I'm a little limited by my SO looking for physics schools in the same places. I'm planning on eliminating two of the three NY schools and either Harvard or Boston. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Forgot to add that I have a good deal of research experience but no publications. I also have some good leadership experiences. My breakdown is 11VR 12BS 11PS. Thanks!

You might consider removing Illinois if you're not a resident. OOS tuition is super expensive (one SDN'er said that he was told $450k for 4 years there) since you have to pay extra tuition over some summers

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the tip! I'm actually an Illinois resident so I'm all set there. :) I'm thinking about removing UPenn or Drexel to cut down my list but I'm not sure which.