DO cGPA 3.99 sGPA 3.99 MCAT 27

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stip116

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Major: Bio
Minor: English
non-URM

cGPA: 3.99
sGPA: 3.99
MCAT: 27 (7/11/9)

ECS
400+ clinical hours shadowing IM, Psych, 6 surgery subspecialties, pediatrics, OB/GYN
2 years clinical volunteering (tons of patient interaction ~100 hours)
Gen Chem TA 1 1/2 years
2 summers of research/thesis completion by end of year
internship at pharmaceutical company
Phi Beta Kappa
Peer Leader
strong LORs but no DO LOR :(

Do I stand a chance at any DO schools? Especially if I submit my app in the next few days? I'm interested in RowanSOM, NYCOM, PCOM and UNECOM. Any advice on expanding this list?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should be fine at any of the schools you listed. I suppose you could add LECOM-E if you'd like.

Thank you for the reply! Is it too late to apply this cycle? My application is basically complete but I haven't submitted anything yet and I still have to send out a transcript (which can be overnight rushed). Do I stand any chance at Touro?

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, do you have any interest in MD programs? Given your nearly perfect GPA and really interesting experiences shadowing, volunteering, in research, etc., I think you would be very competitive there as well.

Hi all,

Major: Bio
Minor: English
non-URM

cGPA: 3.99
sGPA: 3.99
MCAT: 27 (7/11/9)

ECS
400+ clinical hours shadowing IM, Psych, 6 surgery subspecialties, pediatrics, OB/GYN
2 years clinical volunteering (tons of patient interaction ~100 hours)
Gen Chem TA 1 1/2 years
2 summers of research/thesis completion by end of year
internship at pharmaceutical company
Phi Beta Kappa
Peer Leader
strong LORs but no DO LOR :(

Do I stand a chance at any DO schools? Especially if I submit my app in the next few days? I'm interested in RowanSOM, NYCOM, PCOM and UNECOM. Any advice on expanding this list?
Highly competitive for DO schools. I would add Touro-NY and maybe LECOM to round out the list.

Out of curiosity, do you have any interest in MD programs? Given your nearly perfect GPA and really interesting experiences shadowing, volunteering, in research, etc., I think you would be very competitive there as well.

Very competitive? No. Might stand a chance at your state schools, maybe. But that 7 is gonna get your app tossed out at lots MD schools.

OP, I think your numbers are definitely competitive for DO schools, but you should definitely try to get a LOR from a physician, at least an MD. Lots of DO schools require it.

Also, what is your state of residency? UNECOM is very regionally bias. NYCOM and Rowan tend to have regional bias as well, i'm 99% sure.

Look at DMU, Western, NSUCOM, VCOM, MUCOM, AZCOM, KCUMB

Chances outstanding at any DO school. Suggest adding the Touros, CCOM, both Westerns, MUCOM, VCOM, WVCOM, DMU and KCUMB.

Do I stand a chance at any DO schools? Especially if I submit my app in the next few days? I'm interested in RowanSOM, NYCOM, PCOM and UNECOM. Any advice on expanding this list?[/QUOTE]