Chad's quizzes and kaplan blue book. Which is closer to real DAT for gen chem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScarletKnight24

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like the kbb is harder than chad's quizzes. I guess it is because his quizzes are geared more toward his videos and I did watch all of his videos already.

what do you think? are his quizzes more similar than kbb to the real DAT?

thans

Members don't see this ad.

Chad's is all you need for the chem sections but more can't hurt :)

Members don't see this ad :)
kbb is only good for the tests, not the review

Kbb review was really lame & easy imo.stick to the chad vids&I should get adequate practice4 chem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Kbb review was really lame & easy imo.stick to the chad vids&I should get adequate practice4 chem.

So you think the practice test on kaplan blue book was easier than chad's quizzes? lol i feel pretty dumb now.

Yeah I am focusing most on chad's. Should I even bother doing destroyer? for gen chem?

Honestly in my opinion destroyer gen chem was overkill. I tried like the first page of problems & then said F that. Do destroyer 4 orgo + math.

Edit.I thought the review section was too simple,as other poster said...the kbb review questions should still be helpful. Don't remember which one was easier,I struggled with both the 1st time I did most problems.

good luck!

So you think the practice test on kaplan blue book was easier than chad's quizzes? lol i feel pretty dumb now.

Yeah I am focusing most on chad's. Should I even bother doing destroyer? for gen chem?

If you want to do really well on the DAT with crazy high scores, you should do Destroyer for all sections. If you are content with 18-20 in GC, go ahead and skip Destroyer and only do Chad's videos. Destroyer will test if you really know concepts or if you are just memorizing how to do problems. That is not to say you can't score high without destroyer, rather to say that understanding destroyer is almost a sure way to do very well on your DAT.

If you want to do really well on the DAT with crazy high scores, you should do Destroyer for all sections. If you are content with 18-20 in GC, go ahead and skip Destroyer and only do Chad's videos. Destroyer will test if you really know concepts or if you are just memorizing how to do problems. That is not to say you can't score high without destroyer, rather to say that understanding destroyer is almost a sure way to do very well on your DAT.

should i forget kaplan?

should i forget kaplan?

I have no opinion on Kaplan as I did not use any of their products. I know it is very possible to do well without Kaplan just as I am sure those who use Kaplan can do well.

I have no opinion on Kaplan as I did not use any of their products. I know it is very possible to do well without Kaplan just as I am sure those who use Kaplan can do well.

cool thanks.

I hated gen chem. I was sooooo lucky that for my DAT 90% of all my gen chem questions were all conceptual. That saved my hide. :D

I hated gen chem. I was sooooo lucky that for my DAT 90% of all my gen chem questions were all conceptual. That saved my hide. :D

Aren't most of the questions conceptual? even the calculations are set up for you.

Pretty sure you weren't sooooo lucky lol this is a time sensitive test, if they made all the questions calculations you'd probably not have enough time to finish

At first I only did Kaplan, then I took my first practice test and got a 13 on gen chem :scared: and so then I did Chad's and ended up with a 23 on the actual DAT. Chad's was amazing!

I feel like the kbb is harder than chad's quizzes. I guess it is because his quizzes are geared more toward his videos and I did watch all of his videos already.

what do you think? are his quizzes more similar than kbb to the real DAT?

thans

Gen Chem is better served by Destroyer. I found Chad's quizzes good for practicing but a lot easier than the real section. If you can master the Destroyer, Chad's quizzes should be a joke.