Chads quizzes vs destroyer vs DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guins330

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm taking my test in 3 weeks and the destroyer, gen chem mainly, is still beating me up for the most part. I have spans of questions where I'll get 15 in a row right, then I'll miss 6 in a row and hate myself. The reason I'm posting is because of the fact that everyone said if you know chads you'll be good. I fly through chads quizzes missing a question here or there, but when I go through the destroyer I feel as if I know nothing on some questions. Has anyone else had this problem? And in all honesty, which is a better tool for the dat, chads or destroyer?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey man, I feel the exact same way except I only have 4 days before my test. I got sick of GC destroyer (most people say to keep pushing through), and felt like the transition from chad's videos straight into destroyer is horrible. Instead, i've been working on DAT bootcamp and googling practice problems, and it has really helped me understand when to use certain equations or what to look out for. I have heard DAT bootcamp is the most realistic practice to the real thing so I would say understand the problems on there and chad's quizzes, and then if you got time go back to destroyer which seems to prepare you for the worst. Hope this helps. By the way, you go to YSU? I live 5 minutes away haha

Yup, I go there. I've been hearing bootcamp is the most realistic too, but I'm skeptical about it because the free test seems SO much easier than the destroyer.

I haven't met anybody else who's pre-dental at YSU haha nice. Ya I've read that Destroyer is good practice just not the most representative thing of the DAT. I honestly can't tell you for sure though until I take it Tuesday. How you feeling about Ochem? I'm kinda glad Norris' class was tough because I didn't have to review much

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you just have norris this past year? I just finished ochem in the spring with him and I take my DAT on Tuesday too haha

Did you just have norris this past year? I just finished ochem in the spring with him and I take my DAT on Tuesday too haha

Yep I just had him in the Spring haha. I got to drive all the way to Pittsburgh to take this gd test because Niles was booked for like the next two months :laugh:. Good luck man, how you feeling about it?

Chad prepares you for the basics. However, if you want to do above average, you should push ahead with Destroyer and DAT bootcamp and Kaplan. Make sure you look over the problems that you could not answer and learn those concepts well. Good luck.

Yup, I go there. I've been hearing bootcamp is the most realistic too, but I'm skeptical about it because the free test seems SO much easier than the destroyer.

Bootcamp is good. Helped me go from 17 AA 17 PAT to 20 AA / 21 PAT (no it wasn't the only source I used, but it was the best one). I have no idea how to do general chemistry - at all. I nearly failed it freshman year. But if you know what kind of question to expect and get some of the basics down (do all 5 bootcamp tests), it will help you. My GC went from a 16 to 20. Oh, and the PAT section is tough - but very very good.

Do yourself a favor and spend the $97 to get everything. You'll be glad you did!

Yep I just had him in the Spring haha. I got to drive all the way to Pittsburgh to take this gd test because Niles was booked for like the next two months :laugh:. Good luck man, how you feeling about it?

Idk I think I'll be alright in the sciences I'm just worried about pat and reading because I just started those this past week. We'll find out tomorrow. Good luck tomorrow though!!

You never know what questions you might be seing on the DAT. I know Destroyer is tough and will ruin your confidence, but it will prepare you for anything that you might see on thr DAT.
Just make sure you go over the answers to the question that you could not answer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk