Chad's Videos Enough for Organic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacpremed87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Chad's Videos good enough prep material for Organic Chemistry? I am using BR for all other topics but the BR seems like too much for Org. The most I have heard of people getting is 3 passages, maybe 15-16 total questions on organic. His videos seem thorough and he works practice problems. Would this be enough if I could supplement it with something like EK 1001 Organic problems?

Members don't see this ad.

Is Chad's Videos good enough prep material for Organic Chemistry? I am using BR for all other topics but the BR seems like too much for Org. The most I have heard of people getting is 3 passages, maybe 15-16 total questions on organic. His videos seem thorough and he works practice problems. Would this be enough if I could supplement it with something like EK 1001 Organic problems?

You might get only 1-2 passages with a couple of discretes in the real test (8-13 questions max). If you dont have enough time, you can use EK orgo and EK 1001 along with Chad's orgo videos. I think you can do all these in a little over a week. I have not look at his orgo videos yet since I am doing ok in BR orgo...I dont know how good his orgo videos are but his gen chem videos are good.

As someone who is reviewing both Chad and TBR for MCAT Organic Chem, I can confirm that they both cover more or less the same materials. However, I find TBR a bit disorganized in their content presentation, and assumes that the reader already has a solid foundation in O. Chem and is just looking for a brief review (TBR Physics and Chem however does not follow this and does a much better job teaching the concepts).

Chad is excellent in explaining all the concepts in a very understandable fashion so that anybody can understand O. Chem and answer questions based on solid reasoning and trends instead of memorization or luck.

TBR Organic, however, provides the best practice material and strategies available for MCAT orgo. They're tricky, and does the best job in grounding the knowledge and test taking skills to ace the MCAT Organic questions.

Organic is the least tested subject in the MCAT, and seems to be DE-emphasized especially in recent dates, but one must not be fooled and should be completely prepared in the event that a number or orgo questions/passages do show up and are difficult.

I am personally learning everything about Orgo from Chad, taking thorough notes, and then review the concepts where it corresponds on TBR to see if I missed any important info not covered by Chad. Sometimes I use google in the event I still dont grasp a concept. After compiling, organizing, and reviewing my notes for each chapter, I proceed to practice and ground my skills using TBR's awesome Orgo passages. TBR Orgo passages are much better than TPRH Orgo passages for MCAT prep IMO, and you should be ready in the event that your MCAT presents some daunting Orgo questions/passages.

Conclusion: TBR and Chad together make a SOLID duo for MCAT Orgo prep. I am personally using Chad videos for content review and TBR for practice. I am confident that completely exhausting those two resources I will be ready to nail any MCAT orgo passage. Add in EK 1001 Orgo if you have a relatively weak Orgo foundation, and you're golden :)