Chads videos vs. youtube? Whats the difference and is it really worth the money for a month?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exacto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have bought and used Chads videos over at coursesaver.com, are they worth the money and did they help you dial in the topics for the MCAT?

just wondering, why a lot of people go this route vs. just using free youtube videos?

Members don't see this ad.

Chad goes straight to the point on what to expect on the mcat and to see for yourself, subscribe to the free 1 week trial

Oh nice, didnt know that. thanks man!

I'd still like to hear from others who have used it and if it helped on the real deal!

I would recommend it..do 2 month after your trial if you want to purchase the subscription. It helped me understand the content better although I didn't finish all the videos before the subscription expired. I also take thorough notes so it takes me 3x as long to get through the videos.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend it..do 2 month after your trial if you want to purchase the subscription. It helped me understand the content better although I didn't finish all the videos before the subscription expired. I also take thorough notes so it takes me 3x as long to get through the videos.

I have just under 2 months till the real deal, It didnt look like there was that many videos to take 2 months to watch?

I have just under 2 months till the real deal, It didnt look like there was that many videos to take 2 months to watch?

2 months should be enough to get through the videos. I only watched them for a monthish since I was running out of time and needed to take the AAMCs during my last month so I didn't get to go through all the videos. If you're just watching to review the content, you can easily get through them in a month. I was taking thorough notes because I did my content with EK and EK isn't the strongest when it comes to phys and it's missing a little here and there for the other stuff.

I'd also recommend Chad's videos. As mentioned, he does a great job of catering to the content within the context of what would realistically be on the test. You could do free videos via youtube or Khan, but those aren't catered to the MCAT, so you'd have to know what to really absorb and what info could be brushed off as unnecessary (something that's feasible if you gain a good understanding of what the MCAT can and can't test you on by reviewing the AAMC content outlines). Still, Chad does a great job.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd also recommend Chad's videos. As mentioned, he does a great job of catering to the content within the context of what would realistically be on the test. You could do free videos via youtube or Khan, but those aren't catered to the MCAT, so you'd have to know what to really absorb and what info could be brushed off as unnecessary (something that's feasible if you gain a good understanding of what the MCAT can and can't test you on by reviewing the AAMC content outlines). Still, Chad does a great job.

thanks nextstep, I think im gonna shell out some more money for the vids...I feel like im spending so much money for a simple test...it's kinda silly when you step back and really look at the big picture. Such is life...

Watch one of the free ones before you buy it to see if you like the style. Just did so today and the content seems good, but I prefer the style of Khan Academy and they now have loads of MCAT-specific videos.

Chad's videos are absolutely amazing. At the very least I would watch them a few days before the exam to brush up on gaps in content.