Chad's videos worth it with test in < 30 days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SephirothXR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take my test 8/23. I have a lot of practice tests (including 4 AAMC) to take. I've read through: BR Physics and Chem, TPR Chem, Physics, Organic, and most of EK Bio, Chem, and Physics. I've also done a lot of the TBR passages and other practice tests. And of course I wouldn't say I have a perfect understanding of them all but I've gained a fairly good understanding. Still, reading through things I've already read over may not be the best course for me. At this point, would it be worth $40 to go through Chad's videos?

Members don't see this ad.

I take my test 8/23. I have a lot of practice tests (including 4 AAMC) to take. I've read through: BR Physics and Chem, TPR Chem, Physics, Organic, and most of EK Bio, Chem, and Physics. I've also done a lot of the TBR passages and other practice tests. And of course I wouldn't say I have a perfect understanding of them all but I've gained a fairly good understanding. Still, reading through things I've already read over may not be the best course for me. At this point, would it be worth $40 to go through Chad's videos?

yes. i can legitimately credit at least a 2pt increase in my PS because of his videos. he shows you a lot of tricks for shortcuts that could be helpful in calculations. if you have a good understanding already i'd recommend watching them in fast play and taking notes. you can watch everything in a few days. definitely worth it imo...

Can anyone else weigh in on this? Looks like he has very favorable reviews, but they're mostly reviews for the DAT.

Assuming ur MCAT is in <30 days, you should know everything that he teaches back and forth.

He covers essentials of MCAT and they are very good. If you are swamped by the unnecessary details and wondering what stuff needs to be stoned down cold, i recommend watching his vods.

Or else, you would be finding vods to be not as resourceful. (since u went through all those books u mentioned in OP and will be saying I KNOW all these)

Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming ur MCAT is in <30 days, you should know everything that he teaches back and forth.

He covers essentials of MCAT and they are very good. If you are swamped by the unnecessary details and wondering what stuff needs to be stoned down cold, i recommend watching his vods.

Or else, you would be finding vods to be not as resourceful. (since u went through all those books u mentioned in OP and will be saying I KNOW all these)

+1 here.
ive said this before, i used his videos as an introduction for each chapter. each book (i use br and pr) goes into more detail than he does (obviously, since he can't lecture on one topic for 5 hrs). therefore, it wont be much useful to u.
on the other hand if there are some topics that ur weak in, and they tend to show up a lot on the mcat, then i suggest watching it. but i doubt thats ur case, especially since u have diff. books.
if i were u, hell im u, im doing it now, id spend 20-60 mints on each chapter as as a review. his videos, on average, would take at least an hour (for each chapter)

yup i have used them, amazing! you can really get thru them all in less than a week and then just go thru ur notes u make from the vids. best thing to do!

Thought I'd bump this instead of making a new thread.

I'm taking a light courseload this semester and will take the MCAT in August. Going to follow SN2ed's schedule, so will be starting studying in May.

Since I'm taking a light courseload, I wanted to start studying for MCAT earlier. Not hardcore but just go over some weaknesses. I was thinking to use Chad's videos for Gen Chem (my weakest) and Org (not my best subject) while studying for my classes. And then when May comes around I'll have a good foundation to build from. Now I'm not sure how Chad teaches these subjects which is why I'm wondering if this is a good plan or not. Does he build off fundamentals? Or go in depth? The former would help me but I think the latter would be no help, and I would be better off reading the MCAT prep books first before the videos.

yup they have been really helpful for me at least , especially physics and ochem two classes that don't ask how i got A's in them but i was so lost, i watched his vids twice and i can finally say i get it . So yes for me they are worth it .