Chair of Dept at X school trained at Y school... I like Y more

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lesterfreamon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This was the chair at my away rotation. He apparently wrote me a great letter (or at least great relative to my other possibly crappy letters lol. this was per my school's deans office).

I'm assuming it would be a bad idea to contact him asking about the school he trained at, right? I figure it would ruin my chances at his program and he also wouldn't be able to help me at his old program.

Or is there an appropriate way to do this?

Members don't see this ad.

What would his residency training program have to do with you now? Decades have past from his time to yours and faculty have definitely changed and they are who make or break the program.

What would his residency training program have to do with you now? Decades have past from his time to yours and faculty have definitely changed and they are who make or break the program.
Oh I figured he would still have some ties to his old department, what you are saying makes sense though. Thanks!

Oh I figured he would still have some ties to his old department, what you are saying makes sense though. Thanks!
He might or he might not. The program will see his letter and either act or not act accordingly. He no longer pulls the strings directly bc he's not there.