Chance / Flame me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClosetNerd828

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize I'm the 1 X 10^47 person to post this...

I have a handful of misdemeanors from when I was a teenager / early 20's, nothing violent and no theft. Marijuana possession, paraphernalia, false fire alarm (seriously didn't do it), damage to property (peed on my principal's house)........ All charges were dismissed.. I wasn't a bad kid.. just REALLY dumb with no direction in life... I made a bunch of B's, C's and W's in Community College and eventually finished my AA.

I managed to join the Army (thanks GWOT). Spent a year in Iraq. Transitioned to the Reserves and have served for 7 years and continue to serve. Finished my BS in Biology with a Concentration in Cell and Molecular, my GPA for the 5 semesters in College was a 3.78, I was Veteran's Club Treasurer and eventually President. My AA was a 22. I've done some volunteering and plan to start shadowing a Dentist here in town. I had a great relationship with all my professors and will have a great LOR from them. Everything I've done in the Army I've excelled in. I make commandant's list (Dean's List) or Honor Graduate. I have EMT-B. I'm now 28 with a family and lead a completely different life. I feel that I have put myself at a disadvantage in life because of the dumb mistakes I made, therefore I put 100% effort into my endeavors hoping that I can make up for my past.

Any advice / doses of reality are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

you have tons of experience....all that other stuff was long ago and it shouldnt matter to the committee cuz everything after that is commendable

apply early and good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
I did get some expunged.. (SOME)... the way it works inmy states is you can get charges expunged that occurred within 1 year of each other and I managed to spread these out over a few years...

Thanks for the replies though.. I figured I will never know if I dont try