General Admissions & OTCAS Chance for applying this summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwilly1226

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am applying to OT school this summer for next fall. Wondering what my chances are.
Male, Penn State University- main
Human Development and Family studies major
GPA: 3.45
Last 60: Around 3.5ish
Pre-Req
Anatomy- B
Physiology-B
Physics-B-
Stats-c+/ retaking this summer
Rest of Pre-reqs such as Psychology/ Lifespan/ English classes are all As

Looking to apply to: NYU, Columbia, Hofstra, Bay path, West coast, Seton Hall
Not trying to take my GREs due to not being a good standardize tester

Hours: PT- over 300- in/out patient.
10 surgical hours- Knee/ Hip replacements
OT- Hours this summer coming by shadowing an OT within a hospital
- To include: In the fall doing research with a teacher of the university involving elderly people and their health.
Spring: Final internship to graduate which will include working with OTs
Extra curricular: A huge amount of things, not going to list off. Will easily weigh more in my application

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can't speak for all those schools, but based on my friend, you have a good shot a Bay Path, but it seems like Seton Hall is rather competitive, but I'm not 100% sure. However, I'd say apply to all your choices... It can be a little random where you get in sometimes. I got into my top choices and rejected to what I thought were safeties or at least matches. So you never know, just source a lot of time on your personal statement and don't apply last minute, whether or not they do rolling admissions! Good luck!

Edit: Also, you might want to look into taking the MAT, which would open you up to Philly area schools (not sure if you're trying to avoid Pennsylvania, though). It's only an hour long, and is based on general knowledge/analogies. I dunno if it's just long tests or what that bother you, but it's something to consider.

Springfield College and AIC are also close to Bay Path and don't require the GRE.

Hi,
I am applying to OT school this summer for next fall. Wondering what my chances are.
Male, Penn State University- main
Human Development and Family studies major
GPA: 3.45
Last 60: Around 3.5ish
Pre-Req
Anatomy- B
Physiology-B
Physics-B-
Stats-c+/ retaking this summer
Rest of Pre-reqs such as Psychology/ Lifespan/ English classes are all As

Looking to apply to: NYU, Columbia, Hofstra, Bay path, West coast, Seton Hall
Not trying to take my GREs due to not being a good standardize tester

Hours: PT- over 300- in/out patient.
10 surgical hours- Knee/ Hip replacements
OT- Hours this summer coming by shadowing an OT within a hospital
- To include: In the fall doing research with a teacher of the university involving elderly people and their health.
Spring: Final internship to graduate which will include working with OTs
Extra curricular: A huge amount of things, not going to list off. Will easily weigh more in my application

Thanks!

You definitely have a good chance at Bay Path. Possibly even NYU. Keep in mind that these two schools in particular look at your entire application - Letters of References and Personal Statement (including life experiences or work experiences) are also key factors. Good luck, you'll do great!