Chance Me (4.0cGPA/29MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skippypeanutbutter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You need to add more schools where you would be competitive with a MCAT of 29 such as
Quinnipiac
St. Louis
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Albany
Most of your reach schools are far reaches and not realistic with a MCAT of 29.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You need to add more schools where you would be competitive with a MCAT of 29 such as
Quinnipiac
St. Louis
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Albany
Most of your reach schools are far reaches and not realistic with a MCAT of 29.
Thank you! Just added them. But in your opinion, which ones do you think would be a realistic reach aka I might actually have a shot at?
You have a couple of Chicago schools on your list why not add Loyola and Rush!
Done! Just added.

Just pick 2 or 3 "dream schools." That way you feel like you "gave it a shot."
I can't pick a single one from your list where you have even a distant chance unless you are a resident of the state for a state school.

Just pick 2 or 3 "dream schools." That way you feel like you "gave it a shot."
I can't pick a single one from your list where you have even a distant chance unless you are a resident of the state for a state school.
Thank you for your advice. Just a a quick question: Does the MCAT really completely and utterly outweigh all other aspects of my application (ECs/GPA) which are above average? I find it hard to stomach that all my hard work during my undergraduate career has been for nothing all because I didn't do so hot on 1 exam on 1 day, and as a result, all my dreams schools are closed off to me. Sorry if this sounds like entitlement--I'm just really confused about the whole process and any insight would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Thank you for your advice. Just a a quick question: Does the MCAT really completely and utterly outweigh all other aspects of my application (ECs/GPA) which are above average? I find it hard to stomach that all my hard work during my undergraduate career has been for nothing all because I didn't do so hot on 1 exam on 1 day, and as a result, all my dreams schools are closed off to me. Sorry if this sounds like entitlement--I'm just really confused about the whole process.
The MCAT is the single most important data point in an application.
In most cases it is the center of the screening process.
Holistic review must still rely on this data point.

The MCAT is the single most important data point in an application.
In most cases it is the center of the screening process.
Holistic review must still rely on this data point.
I gotcha. Thank you.