Chance me, Canadian looking for advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmcoffee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The MSAR indicates that 65 US MD schools accept applications from international applicants. Most of them matriculated 0-2. When you have your MCAT, you might want to average the two scores and identify schools where your average is at or above the median and that matriculated 2 or more in the regular MD program (exclude MD/PhD matriculants). Eliminate any mission based schools where you do not meet the mission.

You will have a better chance by applying to the DO schools that matriculated internationals last year. There is a list floating around somewhere on these fora.
@UBC2014 might have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
For MD schools your MCAT is going to need to be mid 30's, higher the better.

GPA is decent, nothing spectacular but won't hold you back from most places.

Don't waste time volunteering abroad. Get some leadership experience here domestically and volunteer over a longer period of time.

Strongly suggest applying to USDO schools as well, as you may have better luck. Still make sure to keep your MCAT above 30.

USDO schools that are Canadian Friendly(The only schools you should apply to):
- WesternU-COMP(Pomona), AZCOM, CCOM, Touro-NY(Harlem and Middletown), Nova-Southeastern, Marian, MSU-COM, KCUMB, LMU-DCOM, and UNECOM.
-Strongly suggest throwing in an application to TCOM if you do well on the MCAT, they use a separate application system, but TCOM is a top school located in Texas. Only 10% seats for OOS though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I will aim higher for my MCAT :) thanks for the advice!
Not looking into DOs atm.