Chance me for HKU and CUHK med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lemontree52

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an undergrad (life sciences major) at a US college. I will be graduating this May.
I did community college (cGPA 3.99, math/science cGPA 4.00) before and transferred to the 4-year university I'm currently enrolled at.
My current cGPA for the 3 semesters I've had here is 4.00, but I'm pretty sure that won't last for the next semester (hopefully not a drastic drop though).
Basically the only EC I have is research. I spend sooooooo much time in the lab. SO MUCH. And papers from our lab probably won't come out in a year, so let's assume I don't have any publications. Volunteering is minimal; not involved in clubs that regularly do community service.

I think the main disadvantage that I have is that I haven't really taken any public exams (no CE, DSE, AL, SAT, etc.)... I don't think I have the time to prepare for the MCAT either, given the hours I spend studying for school exams and doing research. I did however take the PCAT and did pretty well (99th percentile composite), because I was considering pharmacy in the US but I later found that I really don't like it. Should I include my PCAT score in the application and maybe tell my story at the interview (if I do get an interview)? Or does that hurt my chance of getting an interview?

Members don't see this ad.