MD Chance me please! 3.90 sgpa 3.90 cgpa 82-92% MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You could apply to any of these schools where you would have a chance for an interview with your stats:
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
NYMC
Albany
Hofstra
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Penn State
Wake Forest
Tulane
Quinnipiac

Members don't see this ad :)
In addition to the suggestions above

Your State Schools
Loyola
Rush
Tufts
Miami
Iowa
Eastern Virginia
Tulane
Boston U
Colorado
Missouri-Kansas City(maybe)
USC
Emory
Rochester
Duke(depends on MCAT)
Michigan(depends on MCAT)
Mt Sinai(depends on MCAT)

My suggestions":

Your State Schools
Loyola
Rush
Tufts
Miami
Eastern Virginia
Tulane
Emory
Rochester
MCW
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
NYMC
Albany
Hofstra
Drexel
Temple
SLU
Jefferson
Wake Forest
Tulane
Quinnipiac
Gtown
U AZ
U VM
Einstein (Big maybe)
USC/Keck (Big maybe)
Boston U (Big maybe)
Any DO school, starting with CCOM and DMU

So i just received my score: 511(85 percentile).
C/P: 130
CARS: 127
B/B: 128
P/S: 126
Which of these schools should I apply to now? Should I take the reaches off?

You can have whatever reaches you want as long as your realistic list is at least 10-15 schools (and you can spare the money). I think for you it might be worth it to keep a few reaches (look for MCAT ranges though in MSAR and see if you fall within 10-90%) because your service activities are very impressive and who knows maybe someone will like that.

Can I get away applying only to these schools?
Creighton
SLU
UNMC
Iowa
Loyola
Georgetown
Rush
Loma Linda
MCW
USC
That's 8 schools where you have a fair to good chance at an interview.
Though you don't have a lot of reaches, that can still be a little scanty in a tough year.

What would be a good reach for me to apply to? Would Miami, Wake Forest, and Hofstra be considered matches for me?

Members don't see this ad :)
What would be a good reach for me to apply to? Would Miami, Wake Forest, and Hofstra be considered matches for me?

Miami and Wake Forest are good options. Hofstra tends to like higher MCATs, but still a decent option.

Also: Albany, Einstein, Rosalind Franklin, VCU, EVMS

Thanks for the input Banco. Is Hofstra more of a reach for me then?

Hofstra's median MCAT is 34. So it really depends on what end of the range your score end ups being. If its 32 or under it'll be on the reach side of things.

Thanks for the input Banco. Is Hofstra more of a reach for me then?

Its a new school, its not really a "reach" per se, but maybe its not the ideal match and can be replaced by a better fitting school.

Here's my list so far:
Iowa
Creighton
UNMC
MCW
Loyola
Georgetown
SLU
Rush
USC
Hofstra
Rosalind Franklin
Miami
Oakland Beaumont

Iffy schools:
Loma Linda
NYMC
Quinnipiac
Temple
Einstein
Albany

Can I get away with not applying to any of the Iffy schools?

Given your PS score, I suggest dropping IA and USC, and replace with NYMC, Temple, Netter and/or Albany. Think about Western MI as well. IF you get shut out this cycle, then next year, DO schools. Although having DMU and CCOM on the list is a sure safety.

Iowa
Creighton
UNMC
MCW
Loyola
Georgetown
SLU
Rush
USC
Hofstra
Rosalind Franklin
Miami
Oakland Beaumont

Iffy schools:
Loma Linda
NYMC
Quinnipiac
Temple
Einstein
Albany

Can I get away with not applying to any of the Iffy schools?[/QUOTE]

Where did your MCAT score end up on the 82nd-92nd percentile range? If it is 82nd(31 equivalent) I would settle down a bit with the reach schools and definitely apply to your "iffy" schools and what Goro recommended. If it is around the 92nd percentile(34 equivalent) then you can start talking about reaches.

Sorry, I forgot to edit my first post. I posted earlier in this thread that I received a 511. 130, 127, 128, 126.

Seems like a good list.

Okay, so I edited out the first post of this thread assuming I wouldn't need anymore advice. But I was wondering if someone could critique my final list

1.UNMC(State School)
2.Creighton
3.MCW
4.Loyola
5.Georgetown
6.SLU
7.Rush
8.Oakland Beaumont
9.Miami
10.Hofstra
11.Tulane
12.Loma Linda
13.New York Medical College
14.USC(Reach)
15.Iowa
16.Rosalind Franklin
17.Wake Forest

Is it worth it to apply to Iowa with 3.9 cgpa, 3.9 sgpa, and 511 MCAT(130,127,128,126)? Also, is it worth keeping Hofstra on my list?

Iowa is probably out of the realm being OOS even if you live near by but keep it if you really want(average MCAT is around 32). I'd ditch Drexel.

Solid list
Only thing I'll say is there are alot of schools on there that get tons of applications and are kind of low yield. Georgetown is the obvious one. NYMC, Rosalind, Tulane, Loyola, Rush all get over 9K apps(NYMC and Rosalind in particular get over 12K). Perhaps might be worth dropping a couple of those for schools like Quinnipac, Eastern Virginia and VCU which also have slightly lover average stats. But that's nitpicking. You'll be fine as is.