Chance me PLEASE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent313

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I honestly am not sure where I stand exactly I. My EC are good.
BCP GPA: 3.54
Science GPA: 3.44
Total GPA: 3.55

Then comes the nightmare... My DAT scores: 19Bio/20GC/20OC/15RC/18PA/18QR/18AA
My RC score completely threw me off, French is my first language, not making it an excuse but just hopping for schools to put that into consideration. Do you guys think I'll be wasting my money by applying this term or do I even stand a slim chance?

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, 17 is the bare minimum one should get in any section of DAT according to many schools.
Im sorry to tell you the cold truth, but mentioning that French is your first language won't have much effect. After all, even the international students get 17+ in RC

Hey, I honestly am not sure where I stand exactly I. My EC are good.
BCP GPA: 3.54
Science GPA: 3.44
Total GPA: 3.55

Then comes the nightmare... My DAT scores: 19Bio/20GC/20OC/15RC/18PA/18QR/18AA
My RC score completely threw me off, French is my first language, not making it an excuse but just hopping for schools to put that into consideration. Do you guys think I'll be wasting my money by applying this term or do I even stand a slim chance?

Not to worry. English is also my 2nd language. Unfortunately to practice in US, you have to communicate well in English regardless of ethnicity, country of origin, and first language. I worked really hard to up my English skills when I was taking the MCAT. The same technique carried over when I took the DAT.

Honestly, I was surprised when I got a 22 in RC, since I did so poorly on the verbal section on the MCAT.

I used search And destroy and I got a 20 RC score. I highly recommend it. English is my second language. Spanish is my first. Though I have been in The States for 6 years already