Chance me please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiethela

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your chances are outstanding. Aim high. Your state school(s) should be on your list for the lower tuition, and I'd suggest those medium and high tier schools that really impress you.

1) I was thinking about applying around 16 schools. What should the breakdown be like? MSAR doesn't come out till April, so I wanted some general advices before looking over that.

You definitely need to shadow because you need to see what a doctor's typical day is like. Try a mix of both Primary Care and some specialties. Besides, you're going to need a doctor's LOR, right?

2) Any final bits I should brush up before applying? I don't have "shadowing", which could be problematic, but my advisor keeps insisting that since my volunteering was hands-on, I don't need one. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

Wow thats a pretty impressive resume. Congratulations OP.I think you will be fine getting into medical school
The tricky part is figuring out what you want to get out of your medical school experience. Things you should weigh in on include residency match lists, acceptance rates into specialties youre interested in becoming, size of schools as well as rep, and cost of schooling. I think you should put a few low tier schools on your application list for safeties and then aim for around 50-65 percent of schools in mediums ire and throw so high tiers in there too. Good luck with everything
-mygod