Chance me please : ]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrrogers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
GPA is on the low side. Is that cGPA or sGPA also? If you don't have clinical exposure, through work, volunteering or shadowing, I find it hard to convince ADCOM to accept you.

Great job on the MCAT. I'm not sure if that would be enough for the admissions committee to overlook the lower GPA. Have you considered a SMP or post-bac?

Members don't see this ad :)
Your chances are great. Your MCAT is great. Yes, your GPA is on the low side. However, you have a superb MCAT and a rockin SMP GPA, which I am guessing is filled with stellar grades from upper level science/med school courses. You will get in somewhere. What is your sGPA?

I think number-wise you'll be okay for some schools, but the clinical EC missing is what will hurt you.

Thanks for the input. Will try to bolster that area as much as possible.

Do you guys think I have a chance at PCOM?
Depends if you're from the area. Generally they prefer people from the region. I wouldn't put my eggs into one basket though.

Thanks for the input. Will try to bolster that area as much as possible.

Do you guys think I have a chance at PCOM?

Youll get in. Apply early. Like right when the cycle opens in june.

I go to PCOM. I am a first year. Bunch of goons here...honestly dont know how 1/10 of the class got in. Our class has repeats from the previous year and I know a good 15 people who were forced to drop out because they failed Anatomy (1st semester) or CMBM (2nd semester). Currently we are in our 3rd and last semester (systems = cardio, renal, pulm). And I know a few others who are failing.

My close friend got a 24 MCAT and 3.9 GPA and got in.

My stats = 28M, 3.5 GPA. I had similiar EC's. I submitted my AACOMAS in mid Aug and 2ndary in mid october. (late i know)

Your superb MCAT outweighs your average GPA.

I am a first year. Bunch of goons here...honestly dont know how 1/10 of the class got in. Our class has repeats from the previous year and I know a good 15 people who were forced to drop out because they failed Anatomy (1st semester) or CMBM (2nd semester). Currently we are in our 3rd and last semester (systems = cardio, renal, pulm). And I know a few others who are failing.

Bunch of goons...too funny!! :laugh:

Now I have hope :thumbup: