Chance of getting admission into DDS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harry100

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i have graduated from BDS in nov 2013, i completed both my NBDE Part 1 and 2 in january 2015 , and i have gpa 3.05(comprehensive), 3.25(best result) , i have also done red cross programme regarding first aid, also attended some programmes conducted in india by ADA. I am planning to write TOEFL in 5 days maybe ill get 95-100.
Can anyone suggest me what is my chance of getting into dental school this year..can i hope for admission this year..which college would be my best chance to apply..please give ur suggestion guys...thank you

Members don't see this ad.

What about volunteer work? Dental assisting experience/ shadowing? Prepare an excellent statement .e..and you will be fine... your profile look good. Last thing .e..are you practicing for the bench test?

I have not done volunteering or shadowing as I was on visitor visa and had to complete both parts..how many days should I do this shadowing /volunteering..can you please tell me options about volunteering..and I am planning to practice for bench and can u give me some suggestions regarding, what I have to practice for bench test..

Thank you for your reply..

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not done volunteering or shadowing as I was on visitor visa and had to complete both parts..how many days should I do this shadowing /volunteering..can you please tell me options about volunteering..and I am planning to practice for bench and can u give me some suggestions regarding, what I have to practice for bench test..

Thank you for your reply..
Have you/are you planning to apply to dental schools this cycle? And how are you practicing for bench test? I am in the same boat as you... That's why I asked:)

Hi jas 25, i am applying for this cycle. I have not yet prepared for bench test. And what are your stats ..? Are u in india now?

Hi jas 25, i am applying for this cycle. I have not yet prepared for bench test. And what are your stats ..? Are u in india now?
No, I've been back from India since I graduated. Will be applying to american dental school this cycle.

Hi jas 25, what are your stats then..?

Hi I am a dentist from India I have a low comprehensive GPA below 2 and overall GPA above 3. I am currently doing Masters in Public Health in USA. Also I am currently working in a dental office as office coordinator. I also have CDA certificate. I can also get shadowing letter from my doctor for 150 hours and recommendation letter from him as well. I want to know is there any chances I can get admission to dental school in USA. Also I would like to know can I get letter of recommendation letter from professors of Masters program, will that help. Also what can I do to improve my GPA, and increase my chances to get into dental school.

Please Help